- Company: World Vision Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - IT/Telecom Jobs in EthiopiaWorld Vision Jobs in Ethiopia
World Vision is the largest child-focused private charity in the world. Our 34,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries have united with our incredible supporters to impact the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children by tackling the root causes of poverty. Through World Vision every 60 seconds…a family gets water…a hungry child is fed…a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
- Engage in and provide technical support to the unit on deployment and provision of customer support for partnership/enterprise applications and automation/digitalizing solutions, implementation
- Administration (User Access De/Provisioning, Role defining, Users activity auditing, Log Review, Incident response) of in-house, outsourced, and enterprise applications
- Record all users requests through Word vision IT service management system(S-MAX), email, phone, Ms Teams, and regular visit; analyze & categorize support request
- Provide ongoing maintenance/customization on existing applications.
- Reviews and analyses result of various sessions where patterns of development and break/fix metrics, and standard process for optimizing application development processes.
- Take part in all project planning processes.
- Execute projects assigned as per the project plan, reviews work plan timelines and manages work flows to meet project timeframes.
- May participate in strategic planning meetings and provides technical guidance and expertise on system/application options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.
- Works closely with GTD team to assure all systems/applications are implemented successfully
- Follow full application development process/cycle for new projects from project inception/initiation to go-live/closure by documenting, in-code documentation etc as per industry software development standard practice.
Analysis and Design
- Engage in analyzing the current functional systems/applications (in-house, outsourced and partnership/enterprise) for integration and conduct integration to enhance efficiency and accuracy; and, take part in improving application architecture of the organization.
- Facilitate business requirements analysis sessions by brainstorming and documenting with the business units/stakeholders
- Negotiate to solve problem by researching and uncovering the root cause of the situation/business problem
- Identify and recommend appropriate digital solutions by analyzing current technology trends in light of fit for purpose, timeliness, cost and security
- Identifies technical requirements by analyzing existing technological platforms and considering existing business and technology architecture
- Creates technical design specifications with respect to Application Architecture, Deployment Scenarios, Non-Functional Requirements, and Security Requirements
- Prepare requirements and technical specifications that best fit for required business applications
- Evaluates new application packages and frameworks and tools and performs research on best practices.
Coding, Testing and Deployment
- Codes applications or organization-wide digital solutions using a disciplined development process and in accord with the company’s standard development process (SDLC).
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- Identify, validate, and qualify in-house developed applications and services meet minimum standards for WV Ethiopia applications/systems through the use of programming disciplines necessary to achieve validation at the code level (Verification that data requirements, workflow, logical designs, operating environment, interfaces, etc).
- Engage with business units and external developers in business need/requirement analysis and application acceptance test such as Functional test, security test/auditability, scalability, performance etc as per SDLC standard for outsourced projects based on agreed Requirements/ToRs and Contracts
- Conduct UATs (User Acceptance Testing) for new/upgrade applications
- Plans and schedules the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Verifies that modules are production-ready.
- Develop and/or update existing business application(s) by ensuring appropriate documentation of business processes, functional/technical and user guides (includes the ability to present the information both visually (ie. Use Case, Class, Sequence and other UML Diagrams), and through descriptive narratives.
- Develop Test plans, Test scripts, Test cases, Security tests, UATs
- Develop training materials, presentations for new and upgrades applications to equip users with required skills
- Take part in coordination of trainings and prepare schedules
- Deliver trainings or ToTs on applications in collaboration with the Unit and other GTD team (refreshment and new trainings)
- Evaluate trainings provided and document lessons learnt for improvement
- Promotes effective use of digital solution by educating users on system functionality.
Other Related Activities
- Perform other assignments given by line and/or matrix management as the roles has shared services provided by the other GTD units and teams
- Assist the Digital Solutions Unit Lead in regular and ad-hoc reports, and other queries
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Experience :5-7 years of application development using C# or VB.Net programming languages, third party tools & frameworks, business & technical analysis and design (including User Experience), data analytics/business intelligence, business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technology architecture experiences including management of large projects
- Experience in designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies Worked in similar sized organization like WV Ethiopia with well-organized and advanced IT environment that use various digital solutions/applications
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and applications architecture standards Practical project management experience that includes project planning, change management, etc
- Must be able to communicate complex technical details in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent communications skills; the ability to listen and then clearly describe the problem and proposed solution.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English Fast thinker and able to make rational decisions even under pressure In depth knowledge in business acumen and processes
- Collaborative skills across business and technical teams Skills on trend analysis and predictions
- Proficiency in the recent Microsoft Windows Collaboration tools MS-Teams, One Drive, Share Point, office 365, Outlook.
- Knowledge in productivity, data collection, processing and visualization tools (Power Platform: Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Mobile Data Collection (MDC) tools: KoboToolBox, Open Data Kit (ODK) …)
- Fast learner and always a step ahead in terms of IT application initiatives Team Player
- Must be committed to World Vision Core Values Exhibit professional ethics in handling confidential information, uses IT systems, security and resources as per the policies and requirements of World Vision Ethiopia/International
- Strong client service skills and the ability to work under pressure with accuracy and professionalism.
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies: Windows Platform, development platforms, databases and data management
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- BSC/MSC in Computer Science or a related field.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) or related, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) – Microsoft SQL Server
- Project management trainings (PMP, PRINCE 2, etc) and any management trainings/course are a plus
- Training on ITIL, Mobile Apps programming, applications security, etc
- Training on Cloud Computing
- Training on Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- Training on Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Certification on Project management trainings (PMP, PRINCE 2, etc)
- Certification on ITIL, Mobile Apps programming, applications security, etc
- Certification/Training on Cloud Computing
- Certification/Training on Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- Certification/Training on Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Applicant Types Accepted : Local Applicants Only