Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for IT Service Desk Technician within the Technology Function in Ethiopia . In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to NOC Manager, the role holder will provide Alarm Monitoring (AM) and Level 1(L1) support for various IT applications and systems within the Network IT domain. Monitor, analyze, and drive resolution of incidents within the IT environment
- Provide IT support to Customer Service (call centre), Internal system users and business partners on services.
- Monitor, analyze, and drive resolution of incidents for IT environment.
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response.
- Participate in departmental projects
- To diagnose and resolve incidents remotely- First Line Maintenance
- To notify, escalate and report on major incidents as per the incident handling and escalations procedures
- Gives good input and detail diagnostics when escalating to 2nd Line Support as per procedures in place
- Ensure all service requests have a meaningful detailed root cause
- Taking ownership and responsibility of a service request
- In depth Knowledge of clients’ individual solutions
- Identify, diagnose, and classify issues, service disruptions and problems
- Categorize and record reported queries and provide solutions
- Uses experience to address user problems and interrogates database for potential solutions
- Advise users on appropriate course of action
- Keep end user informed on any progress made or delays breaching SLA
- Monitor issues from start to resolution when escalated to 2nd Line Support team (3rd Party vendor)
- Escalate, if needed, unresolved problems to a higher level of support
- To liaise with internal and external support teams towards incident resolution
- To investigate daily reports and provide feedback on findings
- To keep up to date with IT environment changes and evolving architecture
- To display awareness of various functional areas and key support personnel
- Ensures that all interactions with the client are professional and positive
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or IT or Computer Science with 1/2 years experience in IT Systems and applications
- Proven experience as a help/service desk technician or other customer support role
- Experienced with Incident and Problem Management practices and processes.
- Previous working experience within a Network Operations Centre is highly preferred
- Knowledge in IT monitoring tools eg. Splunk - advantages
- Experience in telecommunication services is advantages
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on then click on the apply button and fill the below form
Remember to attach your resume !