Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
Function : Technology and Information
Sub-Function : IT
Reports to : Head of IT Delivery
Reporting to Head of IT Delivery, the position holder will develop technical solutions designs for business problems, utilizing available IT assets. Act as technical lead on IT systems projects, providing and articulating forward-looking technical proposals for implementation either to cover existing functionality gaps or to generate new innovative solutions.
- Engage with various teams, ranging from business and the immediate development team who need to understand and buy in to the architecture, right through to the extended team of those people who will have an interest in the architecture from a security, database, operations, and maintenance or support point of view.
- Translate documented business requirements into a technical solution design for implementation.
- Leading with development teams to ensure business intent is understood and effectively carried into development phases.
- Collaboratively oversee the development of the solution as per agreed architecture, evolving it throughout the delivery in the face of changing requirements and feedback from the team.
- Set baseline through introduction of standards and working practices such as coding standards, design principles and tools.
- Ensure that the architecture is being implemented consistently across the team through regular code reviews.
- Experimenting by building prototypes, frameworks and foundations to be consumed by the technical team.
- Responsible for making technology decisions by considering all risk factors, reviewed and evaluated with all the relevant stakeholders of interest.
- Contribute to Architecture Review Board (ARB) on monthly basis.
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related degree from reputable education institution.
- 5+ technical background in software development inclusive of databases, applications, Infrastructure, cloud development , 2+ years experience in solutions architecture and system design.
- Experience of software development lifecycle is essential, in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Certification in Solution Architecture and Certificate in Cloud expertise will be an added advantage.
- A “hands-on software architect” capable of sharing software development experience with the rest of the team, which in turn helps them better understand how the architecture is viewed from a development perspective.
- Domain experience in GSM will be an added advantage.
- Strong business acumen and leadership mindset
- Ability to drive initiatives without any formal authority in an ambiguous and startup environment
- Ability to mentor/coach developers and other solution architects in architecture principles
- Proven track record in designing and implementing large scale, complex projects delivering IT/Telco customer solutions; demonstrable leadership skills and organizational experience
- Ability to communicate and influence others.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then Click on the apply button .
Remember to attach your resume.