|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Paga Tech|
|Job Title||:||Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Tuesday, July 6, 2021|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
Company: Paga Tech
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Position: Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
Reports to: Lead Platform Architect
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation Integrity, and Innovation (CORII).
Cloud platform engineering activities at Paga fall within the Platform team which in turn falls within the Product Development group along with the software engineering, product management, and software support teams.
As a Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer at Paga, you will be responsible for broad technical design, implementation, and administration of numerous platform services on Paga’s cloud infrastructure. You will be expected to be able to effectively assume independent ownership for the operation of significant components or areas of the cloud infrastructure, to successfully help the organization scale efficiently, and cost-effectively.
To be an effective Cloud Solutions Engineer at Paga you must:
• Be able to quickly grasp abstract concepts and translate them into appropriate cloud systems solutions.
• Be comfortable taking ownership for broad and important areas of cloud solution design and implementation.
• Be a core business resource for both decision-making in the business that has platform relevance.
• Be meticulous about scripting and testing solutions to foster knowledge transfers, scalability and repeatability.
• Be a “performance maven”, focused on highly performant delivery of system resources in as cost-efficient a manner as possible.
• Clearly understand and effectively weigh business trade-offs in decision-making.
• Be able to multitask well and be comfortable juggling multiple product-development streams at once. Be comfortable with rapid change and be comfortable taking ownership to deliver results in a high-pressure product development environment.
• Have a passion for quality and an ability and willingness to grow the ability of others in your team to meet those standards. Drive quality delivery across teams with which you work.
• Communicate clearly and transparently.
• Be comfortable operating at both a high and deep-dive (low) levels of abstraction.
• Vision & Strategic Leadership – Help develop and grow the technical vision for the Paga platform and engage meaningfully in the strategic development of the overall business. Engage directly in business strategic leadership when it relates to platform solutions
• Broad-scoped Technical Ownership – Independently own/oversee major areas of the cloud platform infrastructure including planning, architecting, operating, monitoring. Own responsibility for key delivery criteria such as availability, performance, reliability, cost, security, and maintainability for large portions of the cloud infrastructure.
• Technical Leadership – Provide technical leadership to foster a motivated and productive small team of platform engineers. Contribute continuously to the professional growth of other more junior peers. Provide a broad-scoped yet in-depth review of the work of teammates and reports.
• Process Leadership –Drive development and improvement of technical product development processes in collaborations with the other product development teams.
• Partner Engagement – Working effectively with industry/ecosystem partners to accomplish business goals related to the platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• A degree in a related discipline
• 5+ years continuous experience working on enterprise platform engineering and 2+ years of cloud platform implementation/administration
• While we use an increasingly diverse software and platform stack, the following technologies and skills are most heavily used and therefore important to have some experience in:
- Azure cloud services and management
- Kubernetes & Docker containerization frameworks, deployment & management
- Java application deployment and Tomcat
- Infrastructure as code practices
- Microservice architecture concepts
- Relational DB architecture and administration (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Application performance monitoring solutions (e.g. Prometheus)
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||N/A|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||N/A|