Number of Position: One
Duty station; S SPIR II Consortium Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is an anticipated 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
The SPIR II PSNP Infrastructure Coordinator will be responsible for executing high-quality, cost-effective capital and non-capital construction projects within the agreed timeframe in SPIR II WV implementation areas. S/he will lead key construction activities beginning from planning, design development, procurement, technical evaluation, contract management, implementation, monitoring and handing over. The position holder will ensure that implementation of SPIR II WV Infrastructure fully complies with donor requirements, WVE and government policies and standards.
Major Responsibilities :
Technical support to PSNP infrastructure activities
- Develop designs and reviews bid documents for technical fitness and completeness
- Ensure cost estimates and specifications are appropriate to markets and standards respectively
- Approves cost variations within his/her limit
- Develops and regularly updates a detailed project work plan guiding the project implementation and ensure this is used by the project team to monitor progress
- Closely work with SPIR WASH advisor to ensure WASH construction activities meet technical requirements
- Coordinate with WVE WASH engineers and construction supervisors for joint technical evaluation of large projects when support is required by other divisions
- Works with SPIR II environmental lead, Infrastructure Officers and Woreda PW technical staffs to ensure donor and government compliance
- Promote major cross cutting themes are also integrated in the design and implementation of these infrastructures, including environment, gender, protection, disability and peace building
Training and Capacity Building
- Plan, facilitate and conduct trainings on infrastructure and PNSP related programs to relevant staffs and partners.
- Engage in and ensure that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms are in place for direct reports with proper coaching and mentoring
- Regularly monitor ongoing construction and provides feedbacks to the contractors and Woreda PSNP Infrastructure Officers
- Ensure program evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in accordance with established guidelines and procedures
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
- 5 years for M.Sc and 10 yrs for B.Sc with minimum of 5 years on relevant project/ program management experience in Infrastructure and PNSP in an international NGO or similar organization
- Technical Training qualifications required on Infrastructure and PNSP Program Management
- M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in civil Engineering, construction management and other related fields
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of national construction policies
· Ability to effectively work in a team
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
- Travel: 45% Field
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies