1. Major Responsibilities
· Provide input into the Business Requirements document;
· Provide input into the overall web-based development and production system requirements;
· Develop the system in line with the requirements;
· Follow an Agile approach to system development under the guidance of the ICT Advisor/Elections;
· Design testing parameters with the assistance of the IT Advisor/Elections;
· Making use of IT standard practices assist in developing the web application with guidance from the ICT Advisor and
· Share and participate in JAD sessions and provide sound advice to all relevant stakeholders.
· Demonstrates integrity by Modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the project.
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity,and adaptability;
· Treats all people fairly and without favoritism.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to foster networks and partnerships, and good working knowledge of information and computer technology with extensive knowledge of web application development.
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities. Demonstrated ability to multitask under pressure and to meet strict deadlines often under hardship conditions
3. Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills training, and experience
- An advanced degree (Masters) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related discipline.
- 8-10 years or more of functionally-related professional experience;
- Demonstrate knowledge in content design and architecture;
- Demonstrate knowledge in understanding System and Business Requirements Documents;
- Demonstrate knowledge in understanding in Functional Requirements Documents;
- Demonstrate an understanding of development languages making use of .Net and Open Source technologies (PHP, etc);
- Demonstrate an understanding of Database designs and best practices;
- Demonstrate an understanding of database security;
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge in LAMP and MAMP technologies;
- Experience in web-based best practice design methods;
- Demonstrate a high level of skills level based on modular-based content development strategies;
- Demonstrate knowledge in the understanding of Agile development methodologies, OO and UML design;
- Experience in implementing web-based applications is essential;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience to design, manage development, test, analyse customized applications and large data sets &
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of graphic design tools and applications
- A high level of written and spoken English is essential; report writing skills desirable.
- A high level of written and spoken Amharic is essential; report writing skills desirable
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials, and work experience via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying for on the subject email. The application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Application Deadline: December 22, 2020
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com