Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
We would like to invite competent and potential candidates to apply for the following post.
Position Title: Accountant
Summary of Position Description: The Finance Officer is responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of financial documents in accordance with Social Impact financial and accounting policies and procedures. S/he will also verify all the source documents for proper approval and documentation and also for payment preparation.
- Prepare payments in correct amount with complete supporting documents and proper approvals
- Prepare and pay tax liabilities on time & in accordance with local laws
- Assist travelers in the preparation of travel advances and advance reconciliation
- Maintain the record of financial transactions in peach tree with accurate amount, correct account code and task codes.
- Responsible for monthly submission of VAT reimbursement requests to and play a point of contact role on VAT issues.
- Prepare staff payroll in accordance with local laws.
- Keep track of invoice and POP for Vendors, Subcontractors, Professional Development Fund,
- Point of contact for bank accounts; request checkbooks, collect bank advices & statements.
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer in external annual audit process.
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Support the work of the Senior Finance Officer, where necessary, in his/her absence
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
- BA degree in Accounting or Minimum of Diploma in Accounting
- At least 3 years for Degree /5 years for diploma of relevant experience
- Familiarity with donor fund
- Previous experience working for donor funded project is required
- Good interpersonal communication and good team player
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft office applications, required.
- Training on IPSAS & IFRS
- Good command of English language is required
Salary: As per the scale of the organization
Place of work: Addis Ababa
How To Apply:
Only short listed applicants will be communicated.
Women applicants are encouraged to apply.
Tel. 011-1 232753/54 /011-1 22-8941