The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Accountant Petty Cash Holder.
Required number: One
Reports to: Finance and Budget Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
· Administers and processes all Petty Cash transactions;
· Receives, issue receipts and deposits all cheques collected from external and internal clients;
· Prepares vouchers related to various revenues and expenses;
· Cash control, route audits, route summary settlement;
· Support scanning and documentation of finance files;
· Handle petty cash disbursement and monthly reconciliation;
· Prepare payment by checks and transfer letters;
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field.
· 3 years of relevant work experience.
· Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
· Experience in handling petty cash, preparing vouchers, and accounts payable.
· Well-developed organizational skills.
· Attention to detail is a must.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated capacity to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
· The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturday.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.