Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded
About the Position
Dexis is seeking Accountants to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The Accountants will oversee Payroll, Accounts Payable, and recording transactions in QuickBooks Online. The Accountants will report to the Finance Manager and provide support on reports, reconciliations, and other areas as assigned. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa or Oromia, with frequent travel to the Oromia region. The start date is immediate.
USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Update bank balances and reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
- Request funds, as necessary, through wire transfers from the home office.
- Close accounting transactions on the last day of each month and send transaction detail to home office Finance Department, with prior approval of the Operations Manager and the Finance Manager.
- Respond promptly to home office finance/accounting questions or concerns.
- Verify vendor and subcontractor invoices and make sure all supporting documents are received and correct, monitor vendor balances.
- Issue and send payments to vendors and beneficiaries.
- Complete payroll on a monthly basis.
- Process travel advances to project staff and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Verify and process expense reports generated by project staff.
- Produce necessary financial reports for the Chief of Party and Home Office.
- Maintain electronic and hard copies of all accounting documentation.
- Update all financial transaction data daily in QuickBooks.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Work with team on expense reports and assist Finance Manager with pipeline for activities’ expenditures.
Required Personnel : 2
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in finance, accounting, or a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in accounting and financial management for a USAID or other donor-funded program.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Afaan Oromoo preferred.
How to Apply
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?