- Company: Grant Thornton Advisory P.L.C
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
Major Job Descriptions
- Timely coding and posting of accounting transactions, preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of Clients’ payroll timeline, processing of payroll, pay slips and salary payment through bank instructions.
- Preparation of Clients’ monthly declarations (VAT, WHT, PF, IT, etc.) and processing of their filing and settlement with the tax authorities.
- Archive Clients’ accounting, payroll, tax and other documents completely and on a systematic way.
- Facilitate and assist audit of the Client’s accounts.
- Work closely with the Tax Service line to address any tax related advisory questions from Clients.
- Regularly check email correspondences from Clients and reply on time.
- Share service fee notes with Clients on time and follow up for their settlement.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising Clients on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist and/work with Managers and senior associates in carrying out various BPS assignments.
- Take Additional tasks as instructed by Manager – Business Process Solution
- BA Degree in Accounting or other relevant fields
- 3 years or above working in consultancy firm or Plc.
Knowledge, Skills, Competence:
- Able to work multiple tasks efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Team spirit/working in a team
- Interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs
- Disciplined, organized
- Open-minded, self-learner