Reports to: Head of MIS and Analytics
MOSS is changing the way Ethiopians are using mobile phones through its mobile payment product M-Birr and we are looking for those who want to join us on this exciting journey. If you want to be part of a company that is looking to make a difference, then look no further, join MOSS!
We are a growing company, with over 200 employees across Ethiopia and with most of our senior staff located in our HQ, located in Bole (Addis Ababa). We are a modern and dynamic company and we operate in a modern and dynamic office environment that fits our personality, and we are looking for those who want to contribute and fit into our modern culture
The junior Business Analyst scrutinizes information using data analysis tools, identifies various facts trends and pulls meaning full results for decision making from the raw data.
He/she develops and monitors data quality metrics and ensures business data and reporting needs are met with in the standard MIS and other related tools.
Detail duties and responsibilities:
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Performing final analysis to provide additional data screening
- Provide timely answers/ solutions utilizing data and visualization tools to answer business problems.
- Capture and manage requirements for improvements and enhancements for customer data
- Liaise with internal colleagues to fully understand data content and build the 360 view of the customer
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Prepare reports based on analysis for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools.
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations
Competencies and Skills
- Working knowledge of basic methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Strong technology, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data in Excel, model, interpret data and produce PowerPoint presentations
- A high level of mathematical ability
Education and Experience
- BSC degree in IT, Computer Science or related fields.
- 3 years’ experience in Business intelligence or data analysis or related
How to Apply