With 52 years of global experience in facilitating the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains, Solidaridad is a frontrunner in the area of sustainable economic development. Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations.
Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Solidaridad established a country office in Ethiopia since November 2015 with registration # 3531 . The office re-registered on July 11, 2019 under the CSO proclamation 1113/2019.
Solidaridad Ethiopia is currently implementing initiatives in the dairy, cotton, textile, leather, and coffee commodities in collaboration with the Ethiopian government and private sector partners & stakeholders. The DaSH pilot project financed by SNV-BRIDGE project aims at piloting dairy service hubs in North Shewa Zone of Amhara National Region. This pilot project approaches private dairy extension service smallholder dairy farmers through hubs for environmentally sound and efficient dairy value chain.
BRIDGE [Building Rural Income through inclusive Dairy business Growth in Ethiopia] Project is a five year dairy sector transformation project implemented by the consortium of SNV Ethiopia and WUR and fully funded by the Embassy of Kingdom of the Netherlands in Ethiopia. The project is implemented in partnership with the respective regions BoFED, Livestock & Fisheries Resources Development Bureaus, Cooperative Promotion Agencies and other relevant sector offices. The project builds on the experience of EDGET (SNV) and DairyBISS (WUR) projects implemented from 2013-2018.
DaSH project invites registered, qualified and interested consulting firms to provide business development service to analyze the feasibility of setting up a dairy service hub in Sendafa-Debrebrehan milk shed.
Objectives: Conducting feasibility study for Dairy Hub Construction in Qimbibit, Aleltu and Bereh woredas of North Shewa Zone of Oromia region; and Debre Berhan, Angolelana Tera, and Basona Werena woredas of North Shewa Zone of Amhara region.
The study will be limited geographically in the above mentioned districts. It will consider basic production and value chain activities of dairying in the area.
OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
- The following outputs are expected from the baseline assessment:
- Conduct a feasibility (financial and technical) analysis required for the establishment of a standard dairy service hub in the selected areas.
- Develop a detailed business plan to efficiently run a dairy service hub.
- Conduct a feasibility (financial and technical) analysis required for the establishment of a commercial fodder center in the selected areas.
- Develop a detailed business plan to efficiently run a commercial fodder center in the Sendafa – Debrebrehan milk shed.
- Selection criteria for the evaluation team:
- Primarily: Technical proposal quality – 70%
- Secondary: Financial proposal – 30%,
- Submission deadline – October 23, 2021
- Short listed consultants present their technical proposal and interview – October 25 – 26, 2021.
- Best candidate will be notified on October 27, 2021
- Best candidate presents inception report and signs contract on November 1, 2021
- The practical activity for the agreed assignment will begin on November 1, 2021.
- Draft reports will be presented on November 22, 2021.
- Final report will be submitted on November 29, 2021.
CV or profile
Understanding the assignment, proposed approach and methodology
|3||Financial Proposal: including legal registration, certifications and licenses,||30|
Note: Minimum requirement for technical proposal to be eligible: 60 points out of 100.
REQUIREMENT AND SELECTION CRITERIA OF CONSULTANT
The consultancy is open to consultancy firms. The requirements are as follows:
- Track record and demonstrated experience in agribusiness development service provision, preferably in Amhara and Oromia regions
- Reference letters from three organizations who commissioned similar or related assignments.
- Copy of renewed /recent professional and/or business license
- Copy of Tin and VAT certificate
- Copy of Tax clearance.
How to Apply
The submission deadline is 23 October, 2021, 5:00pm (EAT)
Send your application documents, technical and financial proposals, for consulting firms renewed business license and registration by email to [email protected] , and [email protected] with the subject as “APPLICATION FOR conducting Business Development Service for Dairy Service Hubs and Commercial fodder centers for Solidaridad – BRIDGE - DaSH Project”.
The financial proposal should be submitted to finance department only via the email address [email protected]
- NB: Only successful applicant/firm shall be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within the specified time after the deadline consider yourself unsuccessful. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.