- Company: Plan International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Semera
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The post holder, will manage CPiE project at Regional level and ensure that project is implemented in target locations as per the agreement entered with government stakeholders and signatory offices. He/she will be providing hands-on guidance, support, mentoring and coaching to Child Protection in Emergency frontline staff including Coordinators, Officers and Social Workers etc to ensure smooth and quality implementation of child protection in emergencies project.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (MA preferred) in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Community Development, Law, Political Science and related fields with at least 5 years relevant experience of which at least three years’ experience with NGOs
- Knowledge of the child protection in emergencies sector including protection risks and response interventions.
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming.
- Knowledge of development and humanitarian issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to child protection.
- Knowledge of child protection in emergencies standards, principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective participatory monitoring and evaluation systems and processes.
Skills Specific to the Post
- Proven experience as a trainer and in developing structured and comprehensive curricula and training manuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Hands on skill to interpret financial data, in order to understand budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to analyse information and evaluate options including planning skills.