The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Civic and Voters Education Monitoring Expert.
The Civic and Voters Education Monitoring Expert will Coordinate the Accreditation Certificate and ID card award activity at national level and work closely with regional branches, moreover provide support to CSO’s in everything they came across when they engage in implementation and beyond.
Required number: One
Reports to: Civic and Voter Education Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
Travel: Travel to the field may be required
Physical requirement/ Work Environment: Standard office and field work environment
· Based on NEBE’s mission and strategy, support the department in preparation of departmental plan, monitoring and evaluating implementation and preparing report for concerned bodies;
· Help organize an effective platform to enable civil society organizations to clearly understand their engagement with NEBE and compliance requirements;
· Ensure quality of training modules and related materials and plans and support the rolling out of training to the regions;
· Ensure the procurement for civic and voter education related activities are as per the schedule and standards;
· Ensure information related to the department is well captured and organized;
· Support the department in preparation of departmental plan, monitoring and evaluating implementation and preparing report for concerned bodies;
· Using the approved standard, evaluate the teaching materials developed by the CSO from the manual and approve case by case;
· Facilitate the translation of various documents relevant for the voter education program;
· Ensure the completeness of CSO files and screen their applications for accreditation in collaboration with CSO accreditation expert
· Conduct monitoring and follow up work with all program stake holders, in collaboration with regional branch offices;
· Engage with governmental, international and non-governmental stakeholders that provide support, license and approval on the general concept of the project;
· Provide up-to-date information the program leader with regards to the project regularly and when needed;
· Engage in annual planning exercise as well as regular quarterly report to the House of People’s representative especially related with the CSO accreditation activity;
· Collaborate with other experts in the Civics and Voter education department and provide support when requested by the CVE Manager;
· Any other assignment requested or assigned by the board member and the CVE Manager
· Develop templates and design a system to establish effective monitoring and evaluation procedure within the department
· Advanced University Degree (Bachelor’s degree) statistics, economics, project management and related fields
· 7+ years of work experience out of which 4 years on related fields
· Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and
· Experience in the development and delivery of public education and information programs in an election context, or relevant equivalent experience working with civil society organizations and implementing projects;
· Work experience with implementation of an inclusive/gender-responsive public education program;
· Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
· Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
· Have a good understanding of the monitoring and evaluation activity, project implementation and task;
· Able to work under pressure and have willingness to put extra hours to meet deadline;
· Fluency in English and Amharic required; strong command in more than one NEBE working language preferred
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.