Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS is an international non-profit aid organization with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland and works in more than 30 countries in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS country office in Ethiopia wants to recruit a communications officer for the country office.
Communications constitute an important core part of the development and humanitarian work. Communications is a tool to keep relevant stakeholders in country, and beyond, informed on and engaged in the activities undertaken and also in promoting activities the organization would like to carry out in Ethiopia, therefore the communication officer will:
- Manage internal and external communications and visibility of Swiss Church Aid/HEKS interventions in country.
- Be responsible for designing and delivering a range of communications products, including fact sheets, briefing materials, program success stories, photos and videos, interviews with beneficiaries, blog posts.
- Organize events, workshops, trainings, high level visits, forums and write minutes.
- Manage and feed the organisations social media accounts: Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
- Contribute to develop communication platforms among partners.
- Develop and maintain a communications strategy for the organization.
- Train and coach program staff on external communications and on how to spot and share relevant information, gather data, and human-interest stories from their work to convey the interventions success and impact on peoples’ lives.
- Reporting on project sponsorships.
- Closely work with ACT Ethiopia Forum members on certain issues of common interest.
- Support proposal development through write-ups and reviews.
- Carry out other tasks given by the supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (journalism, humanitarian affairs, etc.) and at least two years of relevant
- Work experience in communications, journalism, or documentation, ideally from an international development humanitarian organization.
- Demonstrated experience in producing public relations and/or visibility materials in different media.
- Understanding of the development and humanitarian contexts in Ethiopia. Knowledge of Ethiopia’s regions would be and advantage.
- Experience with social accounts and blogs highly desirable.
- Practice in conducting training and workshops would be an asset.
- Besides commanding one or two national languages, fluency in spoken and written English is a must.
- Strong written communication and editing skills (including creative writing) with the ability to make complex information and data accessible to the non-expert.
- Computer literacy: proficiency in MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Publishing or other publishing software required.
- Experience in graphic design/layout for publications desirable.
- Familiarity with photography, videography, and script-writing would be an asset.
- Must be culturally and gender-sensitive both in personal interactions and communication
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending a letter of application, updated CV
and supporting documents through [email protected]
Deadline for application: July 15, 2021
Mention the location and position you are applying for on the subject of your email and in your application letter. Your application will not be reviewed if you fail to do so.
Only short-listed applications will be contacted. No phone calls are allowed!
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply