All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values. To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and believes that shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of Consortium Manager is to provide overall leadership for the implementation of the Consortium programmes that NRC Ethiopia leads on. Reporting to the Country Director, the Consortium Manager will be responsible for coordinating with consortium members and relevant external stakeholders to facilitate the project’s smooth implementation.
Generic responsibilities :
· Representation and coordination
· Development and execution of the strategy in line with the Country strategy
· Country level advocacy
· Resource allocation and mobilization
· Cost efficiency and quality, including implementation of control mechanisms
· Learning, training and development of all staff
· Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
Specific responsibilities :
· Ensure effective collaboration with the Consortium members to ensure mutual learning and influencing for greater impact of programme investments.
· Development of partnerships and collaborations with external actors, including National NGOs, the private sector and academic institutions.
· Oversee the implementation of the Consortium programmes that are aligned to NRC Ethiopia strategy and the development of new routes to programme impact at scale.
· Oversee the development of the Consortium implementation and advocacy capacity and strategies.
· Lead teams in ensuring programmes are designed and negotiated in Hard to Reach Areas with durable solutions.
· Provide leadership, management, and clear strategic direction for all NRC led Consortium programmes.
· Ensure well-organized planning and implementation of programme activities as well as changes in programme direction as needed.
· Oversee efficient use of resources and achievement of agreed results.
· Provide overall leadership to the Consortium Management Unit and ensure effective functioning of the unit to deliver programmes in line with stated goals and objectives.
· Engage with team members, partners, and beneficiaries at programme sites to monitor progress and revise the program’s approach as needed.
· Work with donors to ensure that the programme meets desired goals and objectives and to report on progress as well as influence their resilience agenda.
· Ensure that budget projections, spending, and reporting are in accordance with donors and NRC requirements and coordinate programmatic and budget revisions
· Coordinate with NRC head office to assure programmatic success and compliance with both the cooperative agreement and NRC policies and procedures.
· Coordinate and supervise the development of all Consortium procedures (M&E, policies etc.)
· Contribute to the expansion of the programmes, and assist the CD in establishing and engaging new consortia.
· Ensure CMU and consortium members staff capacity building and support/backstopping on resilience technical programming issues
· Liaise with the focal staff for consortium member agency to ensure smooth implementation of the programme activities
· Identify key risks related to the programme and develop a comprehensive risk management plan
Generic professional competencies for this position :
· MA or BA degree in Management, Development/Project Management or related filed
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a senior Programme Manager in a humanitarian/ development context
· Experience working with displacement-affected populations
· Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
· Experience with a range of donors, with specific experience and knowledge of DEVCO and other major donors;
· Experience in dealing with institutional actors and government authorities
· Demonstrated experience in logistics, procurement, HR and finance: management, including grant compliance;
· Experience in managing and leading programmes within partner net,works arid / or consortia;
· Strong M&E experience, including in complex programmes with high-profile evaluations;
· Experience in organizational representation, coordination and liaison;
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience :
· Experience of implementing multi-sectoral programming and of enabling the development and strengthening of resilience strategies
· Excellent writing and analytical skills
· Understanding of Protection Principles
· Previous experience in managing consortia work
· Desirable: previous experience in the Horn of Africa
· Planning and delivering results
· Strategic thinking
· Managing resources to optimize results
· Empowering and building trust