- Company: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Economics Jobs in Ethiopia
Position: Data Analytics Expert
– Term of Employment: Fixed-term – Duty Station(s): Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC), Addis Ababa – Required Number: Four – Salary & Benefits: Competitive
• Execute a wide range of analyses and operational activities with end-to-end ownership. • Plan, prioritize and manage workstreams from start to finish, including data collection, analysis and content development, stakeholder input and validation, and ensure required timelines and quality standards are met. • Identify and structure problems, develop key hypotheses and innovative solutions, and apply suitable analytical frameworks and approaches to test this hypothesis and solutions. • Identify and acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative data using a range of applied and pragmatic techniques, quality control data to ensure validity and accuracy. • Execute a wide range of analyses drawing on best practice approaches used in public and private sectors, and from various academic fields, to generate critical and actionable insights for partners. • Engage with the relevant stakeholders to effectively obtain the needed information that supports the analyses and communicate outputs in a clear, logical, and well-structured manner. • Organize and conduct interviews with up to mid-manager level stakeholders, plan and execute other critical stakeholder management activities. • Produce high-quality presentations and/or written documents. • Proactively and frequently engage with senior staff to seek input and enhance outputs, identify risks and issues affecting timely delivery of work streams, and promptly communicate upward with solution options and recommendations. • Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal and external discussions. • Effectively manage operational activities (e.g. scheduling, logistical and financial organization of field trips and workshops, procurement processes, etc.) for delivery of workstreams. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of master’s degree in areas related to Economics, Management, or any related field. • At least 6 years of proven work experience. Knowledge of investment is not required, but applicants should have strong interest in investment and economic development in Ethiopia. • Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change. • Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. • Collaborative mindset and a team player. • Strong desire to learn, highly coachable and values frequent, constructive feedback. • Fluent in English and Amharic, with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Basic understanding of Ethiopia’s investment system. • Highly facilitative and collaborative leadership style. • Excellent computer skills, analytical and data gathering skills. • Excellent oral and written communication skills. • A strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty, and desire to be of service.