Key Roles and activities:
- Collecting and collating data to be entered into CIRIS database from FTFEVCA technical staff
- Compiling, verifying accuracy and completeness; and sorting information to prepare source data such as registration forms for computer data entry.
- When needed travel to regions to collect data on FTFEVCA interventions
- Accurately entering data from paper formats into CIRIS database or other spreadsheet applications and such as SPSS and STATA
- Verifying the data entered by comparing it to the source documents and correcting any incompatibilities
- Running post-data entry queries on a regular base to find out data quality errors/missing variables and conduct data cleaning accordingly
- Reporting problems with the data immediately
- Performing regular backups/replication to ensure data security
- Sorting, organizing and filing source documents after entering data
- Communicate with regional M&E specialists and activity coordinators to verifying data
- Scanning documents and printing files as needed
- Sharing copy of original with the national office
Complying with FINTRAC data security and integrity policies
BA degree in MIS/IT/statistics/ or other IT related areas of discipline
Previous experience in an NGO environment and/or USAID funded project is highly desirable.
At least 2 years of proven experience in data entry using a relational database
Very efficient and high-speed data entry experience using laptop, desktop and tablets.
Ability to quickly detect and rectify errors during data entry
Experience and knowledge of agricultural related data and web-based data management is an advantage
Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and work effectively under pressure; High level of reliability and honesty
Good communication skills, team player, willing to work long hours when needed.
Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously, independently, and meet deadlines without compromising quality;
Proficiency in computer application software and MS Office, such as Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
Excellent written and spoken English, Amharic and one local language will be a plus.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject line, please clearly write the position you are applying for
Telephone communication will result automatic disqualification.