COOPI Ethiopia office is searching for one Education supervisor to be based in a location to be decided between Negelle and Deka-suftu .
Job Description of Education supervisor
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of the Education activities in AICS project and Negelle field offices in line with the design of the program and donor requirements.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen linkages in the management and implementation of Education activities.
- Create and sustain positive working relationships with the partners and other stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate Education program, and State level engagements with partners and key stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure timely and quality reports are submitted as per the reporting requirements.
- Working closely with Education office & AICS team to ensure quality program delivery, documentation and reporting of progress.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and final narrative report and share to Project Manager.
- Work with consortium partners Project Manager and Education experts in the aspects of the development of detailed implementation plan (DIP), implementation and monitoring the program.
- Actively participate in the process of developing program annual plan, monitoring and tracking tools.
- Ensure that effective engagement is maintained with communities and local government partners, to ensure responsive and sustainable programming, in line with COOPI policies and principles, following COOPI compliance procedures.
- Ensure that the program Teachers and supervisors understood COOPI policies and procedures, followed and adhered.
- Help create coherent and efficient program staffing/reporting structure, assess continuously and propose necessary revision.
- Ensure that teachers and supervisors officers are fully familiar with the program related guidelines, tools, out comes, activities and other relevant documents, and provide orientation as necessary.
- Assist in identifying training needs for targeted teachers and supervisors and coordinate the training necessary for the delivery of a high-quality education program, in particular, build the capacity of staff under your supervision through consulting AICS projects Manager.
- Identify knowledge gaps/training needs and ensure that teachers receive appropriate orientation/training for teaching the target students.
Monitoring Evaluation and Quality Assurance
- Effectively manage projects design and study processes which include assessments, baseline and evaluation studies, putting in place a functional Activity Tracking Table
- Ensure that the projects quality bench marks are followed .
- Collecting and managing complaints and feedback in close coordination with other stakeholders’ team and Projects manager .
- Ensure regular monitoring of projects results, documentation of projects case studies, lessons learnt, significant changes and best practices and coordinating learning and reflection meetings/sessions .
- Ensure an effective programs/ projects monitoring and evaluation systems is in place.
- Monitor programs / projects activities to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to both Country Office and international COOPI policies and procedures.
- Capacity building of Teachers and supervisors through trainings, coaching, performance management, implementation as well as in learning and reflection events
- Participate in monthly/ project management & quarter review meetings to enable adequate staff support.
- Provide follow-up and technical support for schools and woreda education offices
- Support schools to prepare annual plan and reports
- Produce and compile quality regular periodic reports and share to COOPI.
- Strengthen participatory and collaborative supervision and monitoring system including active participation of children
- Ensure that the required appropriate technical support is provided for directors, teachers, supervisors and students on time and strengthen team spirit and collaborative work.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Duration of the contract
Duty starting date as soon as possible
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree in Education or Social science
- A minimum of three 2 to 3 years of experience in working in related project
- Fluency in English/ verbal and written, also speaking language is mandatory.
- Have skills on report writing and facilitating trainings.
- Commitment to COOPI values
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Ethiopian Education Policy, Policy frameworks and strategies, as well as the education sector development program and the challenges.
- Experience of working with the Ministry of Education at national or regional, Woreda or school levels.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Very good skill in in evaluation methods and report writing.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Familiarity with the target area.
- Local language is Mandatory (Somali Language)
How to Apply
Please send you CV by Email to;