- Company: Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Accounting / Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Key performance Areas
- Plans, coordinates and supervises activities general accounts of the Center in accordance with the policy of the Society; Manages the cash inflow and outflow of the Society; fund
- Ensures that proper processing, classification, coding, and distribution to proper accounts and reimbursements & maintain disbursement records necessary to controlling fiscal operations is in place
- Verifies credit vouchers against contractual agreements entered between the center and customer to provide the services and accompanying facilities;
- Consolidate the Center’s annual cost budget based on requested budget coming from each unit & provides detailed technical information relating to the budget and various methods as necessary to accomplish disbursement of allocated budget.
- Ensure disbursements are in compliance with society’s rules, contracts, agreements, and other guidelines , Ensure the preparation and payment of payroll, per diem, and allowances & the analysis and reconciliation of payroll and other related liability, general ledger accounts timely and accurately
- Ascertains that bank accounts and cash at hand are properly registered, and statement of bank reconciliation made in due course; Ensures books of accounts of the Center’s cost are reconciled with bank statements on monthly basis;
- Ensures that adequate insurance coverage is acquired for cash assets as well as fixed assets of the Center and checks timely settlement of insurance premium;
- Makes constant follow-up to ensure that all receivables and disbursement transactions are recorded in accordance with the software system in place;
- Follows up on the collection of receivables in due course and reports on over dues for immediate action; Ensures the adequacy, effectiveness, efficiency and bill settlement of such utility services as telephone, sanitary, electricity, and water supply;
- Checks and verifies as to payment orders and purchasing transactions are duly approved by authorized personnel; Ensures that cash and check payments are prepared and effected in due course;
- Counter signs payments verifying correctness and completeness of supporting documents; Checks receiving vouchers and payment vouchers are posted to general ledgers and respective subsidiary ledgers;
- Ensures that legal and authorized deductions are made from employee’s salary income during payroll preparation; Conducts performance appraisal of subordinates, recommends appropriate training and coaches them to fill the gap;
- Ensures that the financial transactions of the Center are recorded and data entries thereof processed, accounts timely closed and audited, interim and end-of-period financial reports produced in accordance with the overall financial system of the center;
- Reports on the performance of the work unit to the Director of the center of capacity development for humanitarian Services.
Details of the vacant position
Work Unit : Essential Drugs Program
Reports to : Essential Drugs Program Director
Terms of employment:- Contract for six month
Grade : XIII
- Second / First Degree in Accounting/ Accounting & Finance.
- 8/10 years’ of work experience out of which 4/6 years in a managerial position(s)