The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant post of Finance Manager of which the detail requirements are mentioned here below.
Brief Highlight of EWLA: Established in 1995, the Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-governmental, non-partisan and not-for- profit local organization mainly working for the promotion and advancement of women’s rights in the country. It strives towards ensuring gender equality and women empowerment through fighting Gender Based Violence and Violence against Women and Children. Since its establishment, EWLA has provided free legal aid service for needy women and children through its structures stretched from its head office in Addis Ababa to the branch offices in Amhara, Oromiya, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Dire Dawa; and Southern regional states. Currently, it has opened new branch offices in Somali and Afar Regional States. EWLA has also a structure at grass-roots level in which there are strong 54 Volunteer Committees at zonal and woreda levels of its intervention areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of EWLA’s Financial manual
- Maintain a proper accounting system and ensure that all books and accounting documents are properly kept
- Ensure that all payments to and by EWLA are effected in accordance with the financial manual.
- Facilitate the periodic audit report of the Association.
- Submit periodic financial reports to the Executive Directress/The Board and Donors as required.
- Prepare the annual budget of EWLA and administer its application after approval.
- Systematize and follow up the branch offices’ Financial activities
- Evaluate the performance of employees at immediate supervision.
- Fallow up Timely preparation of the budget versus Actual expenditure
- knowledge and skills-IPSAS complete accounting and Microsoft Excel software are Mandatory
- Report /Reconciliation and follow up the recording of each payment according to its budget code.
- Assist program staff at the time of budget preparing.
- Follow up timely payment of income tax, withholding tax and pension to the pertinent government organ
- Carry out other related activities
The Finance Manager has general responsibilities to organize, systematize and administer the Finance Unit and for the overall financial situations of the Association.
The Finance Manager is accountable to general directives form the Executive Directress and shall report to her.
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of Extension
- First degree in Accounting
- Minimum 8 years of experience for MBA
- Minimum 10 years of experience for BA
- Must have experience working in NGO
- Female applicants are highly encouraged
How to Apply