Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
HST Consulting is looking for experienced, energetic and committed Finance Manager for one of its esteemed clients engaged in a mining business.
HST is a knowledge company that provides services to clients across various industries.
HST endeavors to support its clients in solving business growth, operational, people, financial, tax, governance, risk, learning and compliance challenges with locally relevant solutions. As local professional service firm, HST offers best practices that fully considers its clients’ unique firm level circumstances and the macro environment they are operating in.
HST is powered by highly qualified and best in class multi-disciplinary professionals in strategy, human capital, audit, corporate finance, enterprise risk, technology, education, tax and outsourcing models and operations. The firm professionals are supported by up-to-date knowledge and modem technology specifically tailored to the Ethiopian business environment to provide solutions to client’s issues that matters most.
The Finance Manager is expected to manage the company’s finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping and financial reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate, on behalf of the company, with all level of government, consultants and contractors, KEFI Minerals plc and associated companies and officers and external stakeholders as they relate to the role.
- Assist in the selection of an appropriate accounting and finance software package.
- Design the finance and accounting software implementation plan and roll out.
- Develop relevant legally sound financial and tax strategies.
- Design and manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop financial performance measures arid financial monitoring systems. Monitor business plans and make recommendations to the Executive Committee.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the TKGM management team.
- Manage the accounting, legal, tax, and treasury departments.
- Oversee and continually improve the financial department performance
- Implement financial best practices.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting, or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and issuance of financial information as determined by the Managing Director.
- Report financial results to the TKGM management, Managing Director & TKGM Board.
- Understand and formulate plans to mitigate key elements of the TKGM’s risk profile.
- Monitor and report on any open legal issues. Report to the Managing Director progress and status on issues monthly and develop a system to monitor legal matters that have a bearing on the mining industry.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage and ensure all company polices to cover all risks. Ensure the policies are always current, fit for purpose and provides the best value for the business.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, provide legal regulatory advice to the Managing Director, TKGM board and the Executive Committee.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the TKGM board of directors and execute all mandates from the committee in a timely manner.
- Communicate with external auditors, present findings and coordinate with the Managing Director and Audit Committee. Promptly execute on their findings and recommendations In consultation with the Managing Director and Audit Committee.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus and CPA is a strong advantage.
At least 10 years effective work experience at a senior level in mining project development and operations.
The position holder should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of company financial systems and their application:
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Advanced Microsoft applications and general computer literacy;
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Ability to encourage and enable people to work together as a team.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems;
- Ability to work alone in high pressure environments:
- Proven planning, organizational, data collection, and accurate
- reporting skills;
- Strong leadership and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers;
- Must be willing to be based in rural settings;
Type of Employment: Permanent
Language: Knowledge of Affan Oromo is an advantage
Place of work: Addis Ababa with frequent field travel
How To Apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next stage of evaluation.