The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of CO financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Specific Responsibilities Accounting and Cashflow Management
- Ensure monthly accounting closing is done on time and following NRC financial procedures.
- Monitor Cash flows for all Area Offices where funds are channelled from the Country Office and ensure regular follow up.
- Follow up on Income received from donors timely.
Budgeting and Reporting
- Update Master Budget on regular bases to ensure funding needs are up-to-date as well as ensure coverage with the donor funding. Ensure MB is accurate.
- Elaborate budget for new proposals, ensuring donor regulations have been taken into consideration.
- Responsible monthly Budget versus Actual for all projects and prepare forecast of expenditures in coordination with Programme Staff.
- Responsible for Finance Reports to be presented to CMG upon request.
- Ensure shared costs are allocated according to Fair Share principles and contribute to adapt the Head Office/regional office requirements to Country office finances.
Supporting Documentation, Financial Systems and Auditing
- Elaborate, review and update Finance Standard Operating Procedures for NRC Ethiopia anytime there are significant changes.
- Ensure Compliance procedures are being followed by the Finance Staff across all Area Offices.
- Do finance checks and validation of expenditures as per delegation of authority.
Programme Support and Capacity Building
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, through working across programme and support teams and the development of relevant guidance and Standard Operation Procedures
- To support Finance Department in Area Offices if significant workload is expected (Finance reports, proposals, audits, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Coping with change
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Type of Contract: 12 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified candidates of Ethiopia Nationality Only!