|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Finance Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Tuesday, June 22, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Sunday, June 27, 2021|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Finance Officer
- Term of Employment: Short term – Maternity replacement
- Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Required Number: Two
- Salary & Benefits: Competitive
- Application Deadline: June 27, 2021
• Ensure efficient and timely processing and recording of transactions:
• Process all disbursement-related transactions, including check requests, periodic or recurring payment requests and standing instructions.
• Ensure timely and accurate processing of petty cash requests and reimbursements.
• Ensure timely and accurate processing of batched invoices.
• Ensure processing of cash collections, cheques, and bank transfers.
• Ensure complete and accurate financial records relating to financial transactions being processed.
• Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
• Interface with HR and ERP HR Module/employee data module to ensure accurate and updated information on employees, contractors, and casual staff.
• Prepare regular management payroll reports.
• Prepare and process monthly payroll for employees, contractors, and casual staff and ensure payments are released timely and accurately.
• Process the payroll payment records on ERP.
• Respond to employee queries on the payroll.
• Ensure timely and accurate processing of treasury activities.
• Monitor, record, and report cash flow for the organization
• Ensure periodic bank records reconciliation.
• Ensure up-to-date fixed assets registers and inventory records.
• Ensure timely and accurate recording of transactions in General Ledger and ensure reconciliation.
• Ensure accurate coding of financial transactions.
• Process direct payment requests for donors and partners
• Ensure timely and accurate data management.
• Ensure management of ERP databases and hardcopy records.
• Assist in tracking and analyzing transactions, records, and financial statements.
• Support all audit-related query resolution and data provision.
• Maintain service and vendor records, and personnel records as applicable.
• Ensure data verification in transactions by ensuring complete supporting documentation for transactions, verifying and correcting records, and obtaining further information for incomplete supporting data.
• Maintain all up-to-date records in ERP as well as hardcopies ad mandated by compliance requirements.
• Address all information requests pertaining to the financials of ATA.
• Support the analysis and validation of budgeting and budget tracking.
• Conduct analyses and validate and review budgets periodically.
• Assist in the coordination of budget preparation and support in the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
• Execute periodic budget tracking and reporting activities.
• Perform other tasks as instructed by Finance Manager & or Sr Finance Officer.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to [email protected]
• Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply. Recruitment
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
• At least five years of experience working as a finance officer or budget officer with experience in transaction processing, reporting, planning, and/or budgeting functions.
• Experience and proficiency in working with ERP systems, preferably Agresso.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (including Excel) is a must.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Fluency in English and Amharic and other Ethiopian languages is highly desired.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|