- Company: Century Addis Real Estate Pvt.Ltd.Co.
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Accounting / Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
Place of work: Addis Ababa, with frequent field travel to ChildFund’s operational areas
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Implement a system that will allow the program to anticipate risks and ensure compliance with ChildFund and prime donors requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of project funded fixed assets and property.
- Conducts training to build capacity of the finance and non-finance staff working on projects, including partners, in financial systems, policy, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Prepare documents for audit and donor monitoring visits and maintains key copies of finance records and documents in an orderly and secure manner.
- Works with Budget Holders and grants and resource mobilization personnel to ensure implementation of all donor compliance requirements, fiscal planning of budget, to anticipate delays and variations in spending and initiate corrective actions, to prepare any budget revisions and projections and respond to any questions, to ensure appropriate financial advances, reports are submitted to the donors.
- Maintain an adequate cash flow to ensure that there is sufficient cash to cover project activities and plans, support the Budget Holder and partners to prepare monthly cash forecast in a timely manner.
- Conduct monitoring visits with partner and field offices, at least once per quarter focused on troubleshooting and supportive on-the- job training.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of donor regulations that ensure compliance and disseminates the same to all program teams as is relevant.
- Support program close out from both financial and programmatic side.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports and ensure that they are
- Responsible for the tracking of cost share expenses as required by the award and identify other areas for program cost share.
- Contribute to the development of proposals for grants and NSP to ensure all operational shared program support costs and LOE are budgeted and participate in budget revisions and development of annual work/activity plans.
- Support monthly closing of the country office accounts.
- Ensure that projects are audited based on agreed timelines.
EDUCATION/certifications : Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4-year experience in overall financial management of grant funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience in working with BMZ/ Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany and EU funded grants is required.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in accounting, including analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, and reporting systems.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Accounting
- Standards, internal controls, and segregation of duties.
- Excellent understanding of commonly used accounting and financial software and systems in
- Ethiopia and knowledge of the banking regulations of the country.
- Significant experience in financial monitoring, budgetary systems, and controls with strong analytical skills. Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports. Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work across departments, with demonstrated experience in integrated project activities·
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, including cross-functional relationships with members of staff at all levels in the organization.
- Highly organized and flexible in dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and under tight time constraints.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.