Job Title: FP&A Manager
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom . We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from . It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business .
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend . And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running .
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
FP&A Manager – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of the role:
To coordinate the preparation of Annual and Strategic plans, LE, OL and preparation / review of regular management reports in order to facilitate the entire bugeting and performance measurement process
- Coordinate the preparation and updating of annual and strategic plans and budgeting models. This involves analysing and sense-checking departmental submissions & comparing Vs requirements, as well as loading the SAP / Microsoft Analysis based reporting system for all financial forecasts (~6 per annum)
- Ensure accurate & timely management reporting and monitoring of business KPI's
- Analysis of operating expenditure against cost center budgets
- Proactively communicate and provide prompt, accurate support to business partners regarding questions or information needed for their financial budgets
- Support month end processes by consolidating and analysing SAP Business Warehouse reports
- Prepare and submit Corporate monthly Financial & Briefs for review by Finance Director
- Utilise local ERP system to monitor actual performance vs budget on local functional level for both top line and operational costs
- Preparation of month end Finance Director detective control review Procure to Pay project analysis, as well as variance analysis by General Ledger Account & Cost Centre MTD and YTD
- Liaise with other functions to regularly communicate departmental performance and seek explanations as to significant variances compared to AP / LE / OL
- Team Development, training junior staff and delegating / assigning tasks to promote optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Other tasks and assignments as required
Required skills and experience:
- University degree in Commerce &/or accounting qualification/background
- At least 5 years work experience in a financial position with specific experience in Budgeting, planning and management reporting
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills with a major focus on developing and leading a team