The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of .
The GIS and Cartography Expert will actively ensure all the GIS orientation and the land cover software are well understood. She/he will support the development of a GIS and other Web-based platforms for electronic data mapping and analytic activities.Required number: One
Reports to: GIS and Statistics Team Leader
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Standard office and field work environment.
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
· Actively participate in GIS orientation on related Land cover software and ensure all aspects of the work are well understood;
· Perform photo-interpretation for the delineation of Places. Satellite imageries with diligence;
· Support the development of a GIS and other Web-based platforms for electronic data mapping and analytic activities;
· Provide advanced technical expertise and support for the development of contemporary real-time monitoring, data broadcasting, and data interpretation tools, when necessary drone-mounted measurements;
· Assist data analytic and visualization case team and data repository and governance case team in activities requiring advanced GIS, Python programming (including Jupiter Notebooks), database, or other sophisticated IT tools;
· Perform edge matching of Land cover layers;
· Perform database structure on the Land cover datasets;
· perform field validation and verification work as required;
· Assist international consultant in providing technical update and progress reports to the project office;
· Take lead in GIS related trainings;
· Take part in Cloud computing and Web services development;
· Engage in other activities of the center and the institute;
· Perform any other related activity as required.
· MSc in GIS, Information Technology, Geography, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or Geoscience.
· 8 years of relevant experiences.
· Strong IT skills, equiv. project/work exp. will be considered as a plus.
· Significant experience with ArcGIS and related software.
· Knowledge and understanding of database applications.
· Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing.
· Knowledge and understanding of Web services development.
· Must also know how to use manual and computerized drafting instruments, photogrammetric techniques, mathematical formulas, and precision stereo plotting equipment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Fluency in Amharic required and good command in English.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturday.
Application Deadline: February 09, 2021
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.