The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant post of Finance Manager of which the detail requirements are mentioned here below.
Brief Highlight of EWLA: Established in 1995, the Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-governmental, non-partisan and not-for- profit local organization mainly working for the promotion and advancement of women’s rights in the country. It strives towards ensuring gender equality and women empowerment through fighting Gender Based Violence and Violence against Women and Children. Since its establishment, EWLA has provided free legal aid service for needy women and children through its structures stretched from its head office in Addis Ababa to the branch offices in Amhara, Oromiya, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Dire Dawa; and Southern regional states. Currently, it has opened new branch offices in Somali and Afar Regional States. EWLA has also a structure at grass-roots level in which there are strong 54 Volunteer Committees at zonal and woreda levels of its intervention areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee quality and effectiveness of legal aid service provision at Head and Regional Offices of EWLA
- Compiles reports on legal aid service provision
- Provides legal aid service as needed ( in the absence of a counseling legal aid officer)
- Attends to daily data entry of files of clients on the Association’s data base
- Identifies capacity gaps in the Legal Aid Department and initiates necessary measures to be taken by the Management of EWLA
- Assists the Public Relations Officer in identifying cases for best practices and success stories and use of legal language in producing publications and/or other visibility materials
- Be a focal person to represent EWLA in legal reform and other similar engagements with government and non-government stakeholders and
- Carryout relevant tasks to be assigned by the Program Manager
The Legal Aid Department Head is accountable to general directives form the Program Manager and shall report to her.
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of Extension
- First degree in Accounting
- Minimum 8 years of experience for MBA
- Minimum 10 years of experience for BA
- NGO experience is a plus
- Female applicants are encouraged
- Demonstrated exposure and experience in the justice sector
- Demonstrated ability in legal writing both in Amharic and English
How to Apply