- Support in the design and implementation of project baseline, end line, formative assessments and operational researches
- Support the development/adoption of a database to capture, analyse and report project related activities
- Ensures all the required data related to the Immunization Projects implementation are captured using the database.
- Reviews the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data reported from project offices
- Conducts regular field visits to strengthen the data management at the implementation woredas.
- Analyzes the data on a regular basis to calculate the total reach and indicators and provide timely information to inform project implementation
- Building capacity of project staff, partners (government and local implanting NGOs) and strengthen their respective MEAL mechanisms and systems to contribute effectively to programmatic MEAL objectives through relevant training and other capacity building events
- Compile project reports from each report on a timely basis and report according to the log frame, DIP, IPTT, Immunization and project reporting templates and submit for the project manager
- Assist the project manager in preparing project status reports and briefs
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by his or her supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring and evaluation or related fields
- At least 4 years of experience in monitoring and evaluating projects,
- Proven ability to analyse data and write reports that are of high quality
- Computer literate with working knowledge of databases and spreadsheet application
- Knowledge of SPSS /Epi info statistical software
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
· Effective in time management and in setting priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality work
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Familiarity with project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation
- Organised and able to manage own time under guidance and direction from line-manager
- Commitment to SCI overall aims and beliefs, including strong commitment to gender, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building
- Strong interpersonal and self-awareness skills
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel in the country
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, analytical thinking and planning skills
- Ability to take Initiative, drive to achieve results, ability to develop effective organizations Understanding and experience of gender equity issues
- Ability to work effectively with others, adaptive and flexible.