- Company: Dexis Consulting Group
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The MEL Specialist will provide MEL support to the project and report to the MEL Manager (MELM). This is a full-time position based in Bahir Dar, Amhara with an immediate start date.
USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Provide support to the MELM in managing evaluations and developing evaluation methodologies and indicators, collecting, analyzing, and assuring data quality.
- Support the MELM in developing performance management plans (PMPs) and building program capacity, developing and reviewing project MEL plans and building implementing partner capacity.
- Support project trainings, including face-to-face trainings, distance learning, web-based platform trainings, and other capacity building approaches.
- Provide logistical and operational support including report editing, event planning, and travel/logistics arrangements.
- Conduct with MELM the monitoring and evaluation of activity implementation and impact.
- Contribute to information products and reporting including rapid updates on program status and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 4 years of experience conducting evaluations and/or assessments of various sizes and scopes, in developing countries.
- At least 2 years of experience providing logistical and operational support services to international development projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Experience working in environments experiencing political transition
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Formal training in monitoring and evaluation strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID objectives approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluations.