All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the ICLA Team Leader is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the M&E Officer position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project design and implementation. M&E Officer will provide technical support to area staff pertaining to M&E, and build their capacity by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems.
· Adherence to NRC policies, guidelines and standards;
· Ensure compliance with country- and regional M&E framework and tools, and NRC handbooks, guidelines and standards, and ensure implementation M&E systems in Oromia/SNNPR area, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools;
· Support programme staff in planning and executing M&E, including data collection methodology and tools, and data management, analysis and use;
· Ensure a good documentation at field level;
· Compile data for indicator tracking sheets, PCM tracker and other regular M&E reports, and ensure timely submission;
· Undertake regular field visits to monitor project activities and provide technical support to project implementation teams and feedback to programme team
· Support periodic assessments such as need assessments, baselines, midterm and end line evaluation of programs/post distribution monitoring (PDM),
· Participate and work with CC on data feeding. management, analysis and reporting to finalize project design and closure
· Support in reviewing project proposals and provide inputs on project target setting and logical framework development;
· Support the development of standard M&E tools for collection of data for output, outcome and impact level indicators in collaboration with relevant programme staff;
· Take role in using digital data collection methods using mobile phone;
· Ensure proper filing of documents online (Office365) and in hardcopies.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies for this position :
· BA/MA/MSc in economics, statistics, social sciences, rural development, or other relevant educational background combined with professional experience;
· At least 3 years’ experience from working with M&E in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably with multi sectoral and integrated programmes;
· Experience with principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in emergency response and/or development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
· Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access);
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience :
· Knowledge of the operating context in Somali Region;
· Knowledge of the local languages (Somali) is an advantage;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills;
· Strong organisational and team working skills;
· Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential, and good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Handling insecure environments
· Team work and team management