As per the financial recording and financial information system, journalizes and post transactions. Close all financial accounts monthly; ensure that the accounting system follows the right order and the financial regulation of ANPPCAN-Ethiopia; Prepare financial statements periodically. Conduct major accounting duties specified in the Financial Management Manual of the organization.
Key Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Register all incomes and payments of the Organization.
- Keep separate books of accounts for each donor and regional project.
- Devise a modern system of accounting for the Organization and apply it.
- Analyze the financial movements of the Organization and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Explain the financial situation of the organization to its auditors.
- Monitor Bank statements.
- Keep a fixed asset register.
- Control goods received and goods issued by the store keeper.
- Keep and record all vouchers and supporting documents in good order and in a safe place.
- Record all cash transactions immediately in the account’s ledger.
- Reconcile all cash transactions daily and record in a ledger
- Prepare payrolls for the staff of ANPPCAN-Ethiopia.
- Prepare schedule of receivables, payables, fixed assets and budgets form subsidiary ledger monthly
- Prepare trail balance form the general ledger monthly
- Prepare balance sheet, income statement and fund flow statements from the trial balance and submit to concerned units
- Prepare bank reconciliation monthly
- Check vouchers for the availability of budget before payment is effected.
- Hold all relevant documents available for auditing at any time.
- Register fixed assets bought or donated
- Give number to all furniture, office equipments, machineries and other properties acquired.
- Take inventories at the end of each budget year.
- Prepare annual budget based on the activities of the organization.
- Keeps separate books of accounts for each donor and project.
- Prepares payment vouchers based on authorized payment documents.
- Processes cash transfer requests.
- Analyzes payments according to project budget.
- Keeps the record of fixed assets in the register book and calculates annual depreciation.
- Sorts out and summarizes petty cash fund account.
- Prepares cheques.
- Arranges relevant documents for internal and external auditors.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports of the organization to be submitted to donors and relevant government organizations.
- Performs other duties to be assigned to him by the Finance Officer.
- Performs other duties to be assigned to him by the Finance Officer of the Organization.
- Finance Officer
Terms of employment:
- One year contract with possible extension
- Qualification: Graduate from a recognized university with Ma Degree in Accounting/Finance with good computer skills and Peachtree knowledge.
- Experience: At least 2 years must be NGO experience and USAID/PEPFAR funded project finance management experience is advantageous.
- Computer literate, Peach Tree Accounting is mandatory
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to email their CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ANPPCAN-Ethiopia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.