|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Procurement Director|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, May 22, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Thursday, May 28, 2020|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Procurement Director
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: May 28, 2020
• Develops and successfully implements a strategy for Procurement aligned with organizational objectives.
• Leads the development, implementation and management of procurement plans of the Agency received from Directors and Managers and submits to Senior Management for review and approval.
• Drives overall operational excellence in all procurement processes and leads the procurement team in improvement of efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ensures the expectations of internal partners in capturing the best value available in the market are met while complying with the Agency’s and government Procurement policies.
• Leads the continuous improvement of all procurement processes, planning, compliance and systems.
• Leads the design, revision and implementation of procurement manual, policies and procedures to support the needs of the organization and ensures adherence to internal controls within the purchasing/procurement system within the organization.
• Ensures compliance with donor’s policies and in country laws and regulations, including the documentation requirements and procedures of the World Bank, USAID and other international financing bodies.
• Oversees and guides international and local procurement process end-to-end ensuring all procedural and documentation requirements have been met.
• Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods.
• Oversees the timely preparation and submission of periodic procurement status reports on general procurement activities containing details of all completed purchases and outstanding purchases and payment requests to the concerned staff.
• Works as a procurement liaison person with the World Bank and other development partners that finance the Agency’s procurement.
• Ensures that ATA receives quality goods and services at the most competitive prices/rates and in timely manner.
• Oversees coordination with the clearing agent regarding the proper clearing of goods from customs and onward shipment to intervention sites as required.
• Leads, mentors and builds the capacities of the procurement team members and maintain an integrated, well-trained, effective and highly motivated team.
• Performs other related tasks as requested.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
• It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email.
• Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Minimum Master’s degree in Supplies Management or other relevant studies.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the areas of procurement management or related field, of which at least 4 years is in senior, leadership or managerial position.
• Experience in managing procurement annual spending of at least $30 million per year preferred.
• Knowledge of World Bank, USAID and other funding agencies rules and regulations.
• Substantial experience in Government procurement policies and procedures.
• Good command of English and Amharic.
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Flexibility: ability to work under pressure.
• Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|