Objectives for the Role
Responsible for the purchasing of project specific materials and equipment in accordance with the project specification, the project programme to budget.
- To provide an ethical and consistent approach to the procurement of goods and services.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and awareness of local, national and international supply markets and vendors.
- To create, foster and maintain working relationships with suppliers and service providers who are committed to producing good quality service at competitive prices, and see our company as a contractor of first choice.
- Comply with all aspects of the approved procurement processes and procedures.
- Instrumental in the selection and appraisal of suppliers from the preferred vendor data base and performance measurement of same.
- Take part and assist in supplier and service provider negotiations.
- Ensure all materials and equipment requirements are procured at competitive prices to budget, in accordance with the project construction programme and in compliance with the project specifications.
- To promote and uphold the corporate vision and values.
Preferably degree educated in engineering / materials management, but not essential if suitable experience attained
5 – 8 years experience in construction with at least 3 years in a similar position in the UAE / Gulf. Spoken Arabic would be an advantage but is not essential.
- A team player with good negotiation, commercial, analytical and organizational skills.
- Detailed knowledge of the UAE construction industry supply market.
- Ability to plan workload in a structured manner and prioritize actions / project requirements.
- To be able to communicate both orally and in writing in English.
- Knowledge of international purchase order conditions, service agreements and letters of credit and their interpretation and application.
- Knowledge and experience in logistics, shipping, shipping documents.
- An enthusiastic and conscientious personality able to work as a key member of the project delivery team with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile data and prepare reports.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify, consider and propose alternative materials and assess cost effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the supply market.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
How to Apply