The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross SocietyThe Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Key Performance areas
Under the general direction and guidance of the Humanitarian Supply Chain Director, the Procurement Manager responsible for the following duties:-
- Plans, coordinates, directs and supervises the procurement activities of the Society
- Procures goods and services for all ERCS programs and projects in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Collects purchase requests from requisitioning work units of the Society, and sorts for further action and handles subsequent procurement activities accordingly
- Manages and carries out correspondence matters of the Society with suppliers and Follows up the movement of procured items from departure to destination
- Periodically reports on the performance of the Division as per established reporting framework
- Ascertains that goods are delivered in good condition, right quantity and quality in accordance with the standard specification and supporting documents
- Maintains documents safely and carefully for payment, settlement and reference thereof; ensures that necessary procurement documentation activities are timely and duly performed
- Follows up and expedites local and foreign procurement processes of the Society and Prepares and/or obtains prepared specification of goods or services to be purchased
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Reporting to: Humanitarian Supply Chain Director
- Second and First Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement Management, Materials Management and 8/10 years relevant experience and out of this 4/6 years in managerial position
- Willing to give voluntary service to the society with his/her own initiative.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to
[email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on Dec13, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.