|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Procurement Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Tuesday, June 8, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Friday, June 18, 2021|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Procurement Officer
- Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
- Duty Station(s): Bahir Dar
- Required Number: One
- Salary & Benefits: Competitive
- Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Support regional office staffs in the preparation of annul procurement needs and assist the senior procurement officer in the consolidation of regional level annual procurement plan for goods, services and works.
• Critically examines and analyses procurement requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information. And, before bidding process commences, ensure requests are clearly specified and evaluation criteria or requirements are set to ensure transparency, fairness, and adherence.
• Prepares procurement documents such as quotations, biding documents, RFPs, bid evaluations and reports, and contract agreements.
• Properly review requisitions and determine appropriate method of sourcing procedures based on the government procurement directives and donor requirements.
• Ensure procurement process are maintained as per the agreed Service level Agreements and it is regularly updated on the ERP.
• Provides assistant to the end-users regarding the preparation of specifications, bill of quantity and TOR s for the requires procurement’s.
• Organize relevant and approved documentations and timely facilitate any payment under procurement transactions.
• With close support by the senior procurement officer and regional operations director, conduct market assessment and develops sources of regional based supplier’s data base & do the revision of the master suppliers’ list.
• Coordinate and resolve problems in collaboration with Federal Procurement team, end users (requesting units) and suppliers.
• Produce and share regular procurement status report to regional end users and Works loosely with stores and inventory controllers in setting reorder levels.
• Ensure a hard copy and soft copy regional procurement documentations are maintained and properly archived for audit and other references use
• Assist in presentation of procurement evaluation report to Procurement Endorsing Committee; and
• Handle any other procurement related activities as requested by the Operations Director and Federal Procurement Manager.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages), at http://apply.ata.gov.et and include “Application for ‘’Procurement Officer” in the subject line.
• Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Required qualifications, competencies, skills, training’s, and experience:
• MA or BA Degree in procurement, purchasing and supplies management, Logistics, Accounting, Economics, management, or any relevant field of studies.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience for MA holders or 5 years relevant experience for BA holders and knowledge if Ethiopian Government Procurement directives and other international NGos.
• Experience in collecting, analyzing data and reporting.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship, multitask, prioritize activities and work under pressure.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• High integrity, with timely & effective communication skill is essential.
• Flexibility: ability to work under pressure
• Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|