Title: Project Manager – RDPP
Location: Dolo Ado
Reports to: Area Manager
Start of Contract & Duration: Up to February 2020
Posting date: June 12, 2019
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE :
The Project Manager will be responsible for the project management and implementation of DRC’s RDPP program in Dollo Ado. The manager will supervise officers and assistants and collaborate with other program and support staff, to ensure DRC's activities under the RDPP Dollo Ado program are effectively and timely implemented and the budget is used efficiently for the intended purpose of the project. Furthermore, the manager will be responsible in preparing/ writing quality reports, review and revision of project documents and organizing different meetings with various relevant internal and external bodies for the overall effectiveness of the project. In addition, the manager will be the primary contact person of the project in external consortium coordination meetings, monitoring and evaluation activities and donor visits.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Oversee the day to day implementation of the RDPP Dollo Ado program
- Manage the Dollo Ado RDPP team and demonstrate respectful and positive working relationships for the effective implementation of activities. This is to be achieved through leadership, team building, day-to-day support and capacity-building.
- Collaborate with program and support staff at Dollo Ado and Addis Ababa level to work on project revisions and conduct regular project implementation and budget utilization review.
- Manage project budgets, including timely expenditure control, budget follow-ups and forecast in consultation with technical focal points in programs and finance.
- Ensure that procurement procedures are adequately met, procurement plans are submitted and requests followed upon in a timely manner.
- Ensure regular reporting for both internal and donor purposes are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner. This will include providing periodic donor reports and internal spontaneous reports for various purposes. In addition, work with focal persons in grants and finance to support timely financial and narrative reports to donor.
- Develop and maintain cordial working relationships with key stakeholders, including consortium lead and members, local government authorities, ARRA, UNHCR, Refugee Committees and other stakeholders. In line with this, represent DRC by actively participating in coordination meetings, working groups and any other meetings as requested by the consortium lead and other stakeholders.
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions, working with relevant MEAL staff to coordinate and roll out MEAL systems, including assessments and ensuring adequate monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of activities against all indicators.
- Ensure high quality day-to-day technical management of activities with strict adherence to international humanitarian principles, DRC core values and code of conduct on the sectors of protection, migration, Livelihood and Energy.
- Ensure beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints are respectfully collected and responses are provided as per DRC’s framework for beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints collection and response mechanisms.
- Provide ongoing general safety and security monitoring of the operating context to ensure staff safety and smooth implementation of project activities.
- Identify training and capacity building opportunities for staff and incentive workers and ensure they are well versed in key concepts relevant to the context, intervention sectors, DRC's code of conduct and accountability.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive files of activities, outputs, materials, and other relevant documentation.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a managerial position, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and project management working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Experience working in refugee responses in multi-sectoral interventions.
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding working environment.
- Masters degree in development studies, social work and social sciences or other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than June 26, 2019.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
Gender Equality : DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.