- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Dire Dawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Development and Project Management
Duty Station : Dire Dawa
As a member of the Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA)/Ifaa project team, you will support, monitor and report on CRS and partner project activities in support of local woreda government capacity strengthening efforts in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The overarching goal of this multi-sectoral activity is Improved food security of vulnerable households in targeted Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) communities, contributing to a sustained reduction in rural poverty in Oromia. Your thorough and serviceoriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Follow-up, monitor and identify PSNP V implementation local government and community capacity gaps and propose planned activities to addressing these gaps.
- Support implementing partners and woreda GoE Administrations by providing technical assistance in trainings, workshops, awareness creation and experience sharing around the Government of Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) V which the RFSA supports.
- Provide technical support to woreda GoE Administrations on the implementation of RPASS to ease food/cash payment process to PSNP clients.
- Follow-up the preparation and implementation of annual woreda PSNP V development plans with RFSA partners and ensure these plans address RFSA sector elements.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities.
- Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3- years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of the
- Government of Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) or capacity strengthening and/or livelihoods and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Afaan Oromo
- Written and verbal communication skills in Amharic a plus
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning