|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Job Title||:||Protection Officer (Protection Monitoring)|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, January 14, 2022|
|Application Deadline||:||Monday, January 24, 2022|
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Job Title: Protection Officer (Protection Monitoring)
• Location: Dimma, Gambella
• Reporting To: Protection Team Leader
• Start of Contract & Duration: Ten Months (10)
• Implement assigned protection monitoring activities in line with international standards, best practices, and DRC protection monitoring guidelines
• Maintain good relationships with other stakeholders to collect daily information on fresh displacements in the area of coverage.
• Contribute to the development of protection monitoring tools
• Conduct regular protection monitoring activities, including protection needs assessments as relevant, using the agreed tools
• Support the production of protection monitoring reports and regular analysis
• Ensure ethical and statistically-sound data collection, analysis, and protection monitoring reports procedures
• Analyze disaggregated protection-related data as a means to inform programming and response activities.
• Contribute to the monthly progress report as well as cluster 5ws
• Ensure the provision of effective protection services and referrals.
• Identify and refer individuals at risk for appropriate services, including the provision of IPAs
• Support protection mainstreaming in all of DRC’s interventions, including incorporating findings from protection trends and risks in DRC’s areas of intervention
• Assisting in developing and conducting assessments, mid-term and end of project reports, and evaluations.
• Ensure DRC’s accountability commitments are mainstreamed into all protection activities.
• Support in the development of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Ensure proper documentation of all project activities including means of verification, assessments, and case studies.
• Contribute to the development of project proposals and concept notes.
• Work closely with all protection thematic areas in DRC Dimma operation.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
• We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
• Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than January 24, 2022.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
• Minimum of 2 years experience in an entry to mid-level position, with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee/IDP protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, or relevant ministry or local authority.
• Technical understanding of core protection concepts, prevention, and response strategies, including experience with operationalizing global best practices and international standards for implementing protection monitoring in humanitarian contexts.
• Experience in conducting protection monitoring or protection assessments, or other related assessments
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience working with displaced or conflict-affected populations; experience in Gambella region preferred
• Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
• Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
• Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• University degree in social sciences, law, social work, international development, or other relevant fields from a recognized institution.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
• Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English, Amharic, and an additional advantage of the Anuack and Murele/Arabic languages.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|