The Lutheran World Federation Word Service Ethiopia (LWF/WS Ethiopia) is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. LWF is currently looking for a highly motivated and competent professional to fill in the following post:
LWF Ethiopia implements various humanitarian and development projects in Fafen zone of Somali Region and Eastern Hararghe Zone in Oromia Region. Starting from 2007 and 2008 LWF has been assisting Somali refugees hosted in Awbarre and Shedder refugee camps in Somali region. LWF’s main areas of intervention in those refugee camps are water provision and livelihoods assistance. LWF Ethiopia has a full-fledged project office and project team to implement this project.
In Fafen zone, LWF Ethiopia implements food security and livelihoods project. LWF Ethiopia also implements other short emergency response projects as the need arises. The food security and livelihoods project is a 3 years’ project. In Gursum woreda, LWF Ethiopia implements food security & livelihoods and women empowerment projects. The project is managed by the project team led by a team leader. The project office is in Gursum Woreda. To effectively coordinate and manage these various projects LWF Ethiopia is setting up a regional coordination office in Jijiga town. Among other staff the regional coordination office will have a regional PMER officer who will be responsible for coordinating and leading planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects implemented under the regional coordination office.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- design a robust M&E system for data collection, analysis and reporting, including: reviewing log frame and indicators, developing M&E and data collection plans
- Actively involve and support projects’ design
- Design Terms of References for baseline, mid-term and final evaluations based on available data, donor and LWF requirements and actively engage in and facilitate the execution of these.
- Provide technical guidance to project teams with planning the design and implementation of baseline/midline and other data requirements to support program analysis, the development and use of monitoring tools and instruments (e.g., objective/target setting, monitoring formats, etc.), as well reporting of program progress
- Build the capacity of the project teams under the regional coordination office in the area of M&E. Work closely with the project field team to ensure all team members are aware of, feel ownership, and take responsibility over the M&E goals, requirements and tools. Support and follow the direct involvement of all team members in the implementation of the M&E system.
- Organize and lead knowledge and learning events/workshops as required/agreed including bi-annual and annual review meetings
- Write human interest stories and share regularly with LWF World Service Ethiopia Head Office and donors as required
- In collaboration with the field team, identify the key learning agenda for the project, setup a learning and knowledge sharing plan, including agreeing and implementing a methodology for identifying and documenting learning.
- Compiling and preparing quarterly, bi-annual, annual and other needs based program / project progress report
- Support the project teams in effectively rolling out LWF World Service Ethiopia accountability framework mainly complains handling mechanism, participation and information sharing
- Ensure that literature reviews, secondary data analysis and synthesis for proposals are disseminated as appropriate
- Bachelors and/or Masters from a recognized university/college in statistics, economics or any other social sciences that can bring added value to the position
- Relevant PMER experience of at least 5 years preferably in an international NGO
- Experience in working with various donors and familiarity to donor requirements (e.g. BPRM, ECHO, UN agencies, SIDA, GAC)
- Experience in food security, livelihoods, WASH and Women empowerment preferred
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Strong English language ability (both written and verbal) and ability to produce cohesive, informative reports.
- Knowledge of local language (Somali and Oromifa) is advantageous
For the position :
- Terms of employment is one year with possibility of extension
- NGO Experience is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through Ethiojobs.net
LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer. LWF World Service Ethiopia considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action to bring gender equity.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted