Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have BA/MBA degree in accounting or any other related areas that can bring added value to the job from a recognized university/college?
Do you have relevant 5-7 years of experience in financial management, with strong budget development and management experience?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Officer to maintain the country’s Global budget and support and advise on the financial/cost proposal development process, especially on the funding gap and recovery of in-country core costs.
In addition to this, this role will focus on compliance-related matters related to various donors and the government of Ethiopia
What we are looking for
This position will require to be an exceptional, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs with the following skills and competencies:
- Professionally qualified finance expert, preferably with some experience in a large and/or complex organization, and the ability to influence and support colleagues in appreciating the importance of financial standards, procedures, and controls.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including high-level interpersonal and representational capabilities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- An understanding of gender and diversity considerations within key areas of responsibility and commitment to addressing inequalities in the workplace and the programme.
- A strong commitment to Oxfam’s purpose, a broad understanding of the work culture in the “development” sector and its impact on key areas of responsibility, and a commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Trustworthy, flexible, and adaptable.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is a must.
- Willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.
This role will allow you to act as a key contributor to our work of supporting those most in need. You will also have a chance to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and internationally-focused environment and we offer fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme . In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.