|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Child Fund Ethiopia|
|Job Title||:||Senior Humanitarian Affairs Specialist|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Thursday, September 17, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Monday, September 28, 2020|
Child Fund Ethiopia
Position: Senior Humanitarian Affairs Specialist
The Senior Humanitarian Affairs Specialist is responsible in providing support for the Country Office on standard proposal development, resource acquisition and can engage with the donors in Ethiopia as well as abroad.
• Undertake assessment of the humanitarian situation in the country and develop quality and winning proposal
• Pursue applicable opportunities both from in-country and externally and raise funds for emergency response projects
• Develop a Grant Acquisition and Donor engagement strategic document in the areas of emergency program including donor scoping exercises.
• Engaged in on-going discussions with donors and other private foundations to facilitate the establishment of partnership and grant acquisition.
• Expected to approach different agencies including but not limited to UNICEF, UNDP, OCHA, UNHCR, IOM, WHO, IRC, CRS and others to establish good relationship and raise funds
• Develop a brief work plan of monthly activities every month to more accurately identify tasks and deliverables. All products will be reviewed by the Emergency Program Specialist/ EMU-Director and approved by the Country Director.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
• Development of summary of ChildFund profiles in the areas of emergency response
• Grant Acquisition and Donor engagement strategic document developed in the areas of emergency program.
• At least Four standard Emergency response proposals developed and submitted to Funding agencies/Donors.
• Raise at least $1M for emergency response
• Provide summary report on activities at the end of each month shared to the Director EMU and Emergency Program specialist for review and approval by the CD.
• Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Place of work: Addis Ababa, with frequent field travel to ChildFund’s operational areas and other parts of the country as appropriate.
• ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
• Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
• Qualified Interested applicants are encouraged to apply only through the below ChildFund link, Deadline will be September 28, 2020.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or Development studies or other relevant fields.
• At least 10 years of experience in the humanitarian/development sector in equivalent positions
• Demonstrated experience with rapid needs assessments for humanitarian response.
• Familiarity with Ethiopia’s humanitarian context, including coordination structures and relevant regulations.
• Demonstrated success with institutional grant fundraising/proposal development from major humanitarian donors such as USAID/OFDA or BHA, UNHCR, UNICEF, DFID, ECHO, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian standards
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
Key Qualifications and Competencies
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, with limited direct supervision.
• Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modeling ChildFund values and ethical standards;
• Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Demonstrated knowledge on the context and the in-country donors.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with the stakeholders
• Demonstrated analytical skills on issues related to humanitarian actions
• Have demonstrated Experience in mobilizing funds
• Strong capacity and record in designing and writing proposals and reports
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|