|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Senior Pedometrician|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, July 12, 2019|
|Application Deadline||:||Monday, July 15, 2019|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Senior Pedometrician (Re-advert)
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate the rigorous work of geo-statistical and Machine learning analysis (MLA) predictions of soil properties and fertilizer recommendations of EthioSIS.
• Ensure that the development of the soil fertility status and fertilizer recommendation atlas and bio-physical maps of Ethiopia are being produced within the agreed time plan/schedule using collected information and relevant legacy data.
• Lead the cartography work of soil properties and fertilizer recommendations, and finalizing atlas and maps ready to printings and handover to regions and stakeholders.
• Communicate pedometric mapping methodology of EthioSIS to different stakeholders, and on internationally renowned journals, book chapters, conferences, workshops and Medias.
• Couching GIS teams of the MoA/ SRMID directorate and provide trainings to GIS teams of the MoA/ SRMID directorate and regional partners on the effective use of R programming language for spatial prediction of soil properties and fertilizer type maps.
• Point person in supporting MoA in digital soil mapping; soil information and related decision makings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et.
/>• Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
• MSc degree in Geo-statistics, GIS and Remote sensing, Geography, Natural resource management or related; PhD in these field of studies is a plus.
• At least 6 years’ experience in geo-statistical analysis and Machine learning approached spatial variability of soil properties including experience in the use of R programming language for spatial prediction of soil properties and fertilizer recommendations.
• Hands-on trainings and practical experience related to the EthioSIS and similar work is desirable.
• Experience in prioritizing and sequencing both programmatic and operation activities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, start-up environment, with an emphasis on high-performance, teamwork, accountability and results
• Ability to build good working relationships with all kinds of people; highly facilitative and collaborative leadership style
• Excellent problem-solving abilities in challenging environment
• Excellent analytical and writing skills.
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service
• Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in at least Amharic and one additional Ethiopian language is a plus
• The Senior Pedometrician is also a member of a team supporting the capacity building and transition of the EthioSIS project to the Ethiopia Soil Resources Institute (ESRI)
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|