Title: Supply Chain Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Location: Addis Ababa
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Start of Contract & Duration: 5 Months
Posting date: January 13, 2020
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position provides procurement data entry, bid document duplication, binding & distribution to vendors, filing procurement document, support fleet management, support in store keeping, support asset management, cover for SCTL when roving, LVP facilitation, support in vendor vetting & and assists the in the preparation & facilitation of payment request for supplier.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Handle bid document duplication, binding & keep record of distribution to vendors.
- Provide assistance during tender opening & files tenders documents in a labelled box file.
- Assist procurement officers in maintaining appropriate documentation, tracking and filing of all procurement activities to ensure traceability of all documents and expense.
- Collect proforma invoices for various services & single quote for goods purchase as deemed necessary.
- Handles incoming and outgoing stock to/from store and ensures that store issue vouchers are properly completed;
- Ensures the use of stock card for recording all items and make sure one stock card must be used for only one item;
- Handles goods receipts via GRNs and ensures that all warehouse documents are handled and managed in a professional way;
- Reports and updates the stock balance monthly, quarterly and submit to the Supply Chain Manager & Head of Support Services.
- Provide assistance in preparation of payment request and follows up collection of cheque by the suppliers;
- Assist Procurement officers in preparation of request for quotations, comprehensive tender report, and Purchase Orders and also follow up of delivery of the goods by the suppliers.
- Facilitate & follow up signing of documents by SMT.
- Maintains Suppliers data base & keep record of black listed supplier & rental vehicle drivers.
- Performs other related duties.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work as a team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- BA Degree in Logistics, Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Relevant Field
- Strong Computer Skills
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English – Very good level of written and spoken
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence:
Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values