KORAHEY ACADEMY in Jigjiga, Ethiopia is looking for a team of qualified, experienced and dynamic individuals to fill the following positions in Jigjiga campus for 2014 Academic Year: English, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, General Business, History, Geography, Civics, and Social Studies, Amharic and KG teachers.
We are also looking for Kindergarten teachers who are certified and/or trained in this area. We may accept those who are not trained in teaching KGs but have tangible experience in teaching KGs for a minimum of 1 year at a comparable school.
Korahey Academy is a Kindergarten - 12 privately own school system that was established in Jigjiga in 2016. Our mission is to enable the realization of every child’s full potential and develop resilient, curious, open-minded and thoughtful students.
We currently have 1,600 students. Korahey Academy is an independent privately owned school and is interested in hiring professionals for the positions listed above.
The ideal Teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing the school-adopted Ethiopian National curriculum, assessment and communication of student performance and the general well-being and safety of students. The teacher will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of student attendance and performance relative to the adopted standards.
Please note that all interested applicants are expected to fulfill the following professional qualities:
- Model exemplary behavior for students
- Be effective contributors to all team processes within the school
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for students and their learning
- Motivate students and inspire continuous learning
- Be committed and open to professional development as a teacher
- Value and contribute to the multicultural work environment
- Maintain an open, honest relationship with their supervisors
- Contribute positively and effectively to school-wide professional development activities
- Be able to respond positively to constructive feedback with view of continued professional development
- Implement school policies and procedures and enforce school rules in a consistent manner
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions and actions related to student safety
- Be prepared to work beyond the school day, when required, for the benefit of our students and their learning
- Willingly perform other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisors and/or school management
- Bachelor of Education (BEd), BA, BSc or Master’s degree in major area taught : English, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, General Business, History, Geography, Civics, Social Studies, Amharic, and Kindergarten teachers. Diploma, Degree or Masters must be earned from a recognized and reputable university.
- Must have a good proficiency in English language and be able to teach non-Amharic and non-Somali speaking students EXCLUSIVELY in English. Must have tangible experience in teaching in English at a comparable school and level. Amharic lessons are taught in Amharic.
- Minimum teaching experience of 2 years in the specific field at a comparable school/level
- Teachers are expected to have an average classroom lessons per week and additionally be involved in after-school activity program when needed.
- Good communication skills
- Preferably have basic knowledge of computers and skills
- Certificate of good conduct
- Preferably Female Teachers for KGs and Lower Primary
How to Apply
For candidates who are applying to the Kindergarten positions, their CV should specifically indicate whether they meet the experience and degree/diploma requirements above or not.
[email protected] on or before 30 th June 2021, by 5:00PM
Only submit updated CV and interest/application letter. CV should show your daytime contact number, current or previous salary, expected salary, the required experience and qualification. No other documents should be delivered or emailed.
The subject should specify the position applied to and the full name of the applicant. Failure to adhere to instructions may lead to disqualification.
Please note that applicants will be contacted for further assessment only if they are shortlisted.