Our International School is a PreK-8 school system that was established by the Swedish Embassy in Ethiopia in 1946. Our mission is to facilitate the realization of every child’s full potential and develop resilient, curious, open-minded and reflective students who are able to express themselves fully and effectively.
We currently have 176 students. Our school is an independent not-for-profit school and is interested in hiring professionals for the following positions listed below.
The ideal Teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing the school-adopted international curriculum, assessment and communication of student performance and the general well-being and safety of students. The teacher will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of student attendance and of student performance relative to the adopted standards.
- BA/BSc degree in major content taught
- Minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience preferably in an international education system
Teacher load: Teachers are expected to have a classroom teaching load of a minimum of 25 hours per week and additionally be a homeroom teacher and be involved in the after-school activity program.
Please note that all interested applicants are expected to fulfill the following professional qualities:
- Model exemplary behavior for students
- Be effective contributors to all team processes within the school
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for students and their learning
- Motivate students and inspire continuous learning
- Be committed and open to professional development as a teacher
- Value and contribute to the multicultural work environment
- Maintain an open, honest relationship with their supervisors
- Contribute positively and effectively to school-wide professional development activities
- Be able to respond positively to constructive feedback with a view of continued professional development
- Implement school policies and procedures and enforce school rules in a consistent manner
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions and actions related to student safety
- Be prepared to work beyond the school day, when required, for the benefit of our students and their learning
- Willingly perform other reasonable duties as assigned
How to Apply
All interested candidates may submit their applications in person at the school address below or send by email to [email protected] ten days from the job advertisement date. Applicants are strictly instructed to only submit an application letter and a CV. No other documents should be delivered or emailed. If email is used, the subject should specify the job position and the name of the applicant. Failure to adhere to instructions may lead to disqualification.
The HR office
The Former Swedish Community School
Dar Sahara street, Kazanchis,
Cobblestone road opposite Meles Foundation
House # 9999
Tele: +251 09 11 527341 or +251 11 5579781
Please note that applicants will be contacted for further assessment only if they are shortlisted.
NB: Kelem International School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children. The HR team ensures a thorough background check of all potentially successful applicants including a police clearance report and references