Terms of reference to conduct Capacity Gap Assessment of Stakeholders in the Jobs Creation Agenda
About the Jobs Creation Commission (JCC)
Sustainable job creation and youth employment are critical challenges that Ethiopia is facing today, as the Country aims to transition to a middle-income country by 2025. With about 2 million new entrants to the labor market every year, 49% of employed population being in subsistence employment, and ~70% of the population under 29 years old, a concentrated effort to grow current jobs, create new jobs, improve the quality of these jobs and the inclusiveness of the labor market are necessary. To this end, the Jobs Creation Commission (henceforth referred to as JCC) adopted a holistic approach to tackle the binding constraints to jobs and proposed an ambitious, yet urgent call to create 14 million sustainable jobs by 2025.
The Commission is a year-old federal institution established under the Prime Minister Office in Ethiopia, with a mandate to coordinate, govern and monitor all national and regional institutions to reach the nation’s objective to align policy and institutional strategic plan to achieve a sustainable jobs ecosystem. Well-aware of past local and global experiences that policy and governance alone cannot produce sustainable outcomes with a single change, JCC spearheads the jobs creation agenda by initiating a ‘One Plan. One Report’ initiative and data collection mechanism to capacitate institutions and facilitate systemic change. Building institutional capacity by raising expectations, increasing motivation, and building networks of relationships, have the power to transform the jobs ecosystem. Thus, JCC intends to resolve competing objectives and weed out disjointed, fragmented decision-making practices that impact employability, jobs creation, quality of jobs, human capital potential, and economic growth by connecting the dots and creating enabling jobs environments to drive the system.
The JCC has worked on developing a Plan of Action for Job Creation (PAJC) that aims to identify the set of policies and programmes required to foster job creation and unleash the potential of the Ethiopian Economy. The Plan of Action for Job Creation proposes holistic interventions to solve the employment and job creation challenges and provides a new vision of employment in Ethiopia.
About the Enabling Ethiopia Project supported by the MasterCard Foundation
The JCC is being supported by the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) for the Enabling Ethiopia (EE) Project, a 3-year initiative designed to improve youth employment opportunities through the implementation of key components of the 2020 – 2025 Plan of Action for Job Creation. These include:
- Adopting Job rich policies: Alignment of policies with the Plan of Action's Visions and Objectives including revision the MSME strategy
- Building and strengthening capacity: Fully embedding a 'One Plan. One Report' approach in Jobs Creation and building the delivery capacity of regional and sub-regional bodies
- Establishing and strengthening systems: Building a data-rich environment for employment services (LMIS);
- Building a labor market resource mapping and optimization: ensuring sufficient resources are directed towards meeting job creation
- Creating the next generation of high growth entrepreneurs in Ethiopia & Expanding Economic opportunities and inclusiveness: Large scale market-oriented upskilling work-readiness program along with inclusive innovation solutions in job creation
- Encouraging Entrepreneurship: through behavioral change and direct support though grants and competitions.
you can get full detail of the ToR form the link below.
How to Apply
- Both the technical and financial proposals should be in a separate sealed and stamped envelope by writing the name of the specific assignment.
- Applicant shall enclose copy of their renewed business license , TIN number and other legal documents
- Proposals must be received by Target Business Consultants Plc office to the address below no later than 5:00 PM on 6 November, 2020.
- Target Business Consultants Plc
- N/Lafot Sub City, Lebu mebrat Shoa supermarket 3rd floor
- Tel +251 911 726996, +251 116 636645
- For any clarification and questions use the email : [email protected] and [email protected]
- Target Business Consultants Plc/ Enabling Ethiopia JCC project reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
- NB. All submissions shall be in hard copy. Soft copy submission will not be accepted.