Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated $25-50 million USAID-funded Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Position Summary :
Working under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (COP) – Technical and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the WASH Governance Advisor will lead activities related to WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight.
* Leads governance-related activities and team.
* Works with city planning officials to develop and utilize a comprehensive set of city-wide water and sanitation master planning tools customizable according to needs and local context.
* Identifies opportunities to enhance planning, budgeting, allocation, procurement and
* monitoring within existing Government of Ethiopia systems.
* Documents and disseminate good practices and lessons learned, as well as facilitates learning exchanges with key officials and partners intended to inform national level OneWASH policy and promote the replication of interventions.
* Pilots, with the Government of Ethiopia, innovative finance and procurement approaches that promote private sector engagement (e.g. public-private partnership models, results-based financing).
* Supports Government of Ethiopia to establish a national framework for review, evaluation and funding of city-wide plans.
* Supports efforts to effectively monitor public and private finance of WASH services.
Minimum Qualifications :
* Advanced degree (minimum masters or equivalent) in relevant fields.
* Minimum of six years of experience working on urban water supply and/or sanitation, market systems strengthening or other related projects.
* A strong understanding of the challenges of water supply/sanitation/wastewater service providers in Ethiopia, including technical expertise in areas such as planning, budgeting, government coordination, etc.
* Previous supervisory experience and exceptional management skills, including experience planning and executing activities, managing to work plans, and overseeing budgets.
* Experience in East Africa and Ethiopia required.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Amharic.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.