GAIN was launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. GAIN is a global, Swiss-based foundation that mobilises public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition.
GAIN contributed to fighting malnutrition in Ethiopia through innovative and sustainable models that increase access to affordable nutritious foods among communities vulnerable to malnutrition and is currently implementing a project called Access to Better Dairy Project. This project emanates as part of the Nordic Partnership which brings companies, civil society, academia & the public sector together to focus on developing scalable and inclusive business models to contribute solving the sustainable Development Goals (SDG) challenge to end hunger & malnutrition.
For this purpose, GAIN has selected LONI Agro Industry- a local dairy processing company to supply the required dairy products and work on building the capacity of the company through technical support in engaging with the dairy farm processing, production, key product development.
As part of the support GAIN is looking for an experienced freelance graphics designer with talent in producing contents for communication materials to work on the educational material towards branding the milk collection centres that are going to be constructed to help the collection of quality milk to the processor for a continuous supply to produce the yoghurt.
The graphics designer will be tasked with designing specific graphical illustrations that demonstrate hygienic/safe milk handling and processing to teach the famers during drop off inside the collection centres. The graphical illustration works will be displayed by GAIN in the internal walls which will be executed using a branded frame through a production supplier.
As an extension of the above, the graphics designer will be doing illustrations addressing the following key areas
|1 illustration||Types of milking materials acceptable and not acceptable|
|1 illustration||Milk container cleaning (washing, boiling, drying, do’s and don’ts)|
|1 illustration||Cow breast hygiene (which includes hand washing, breast cleaning and milking techniques)|
|1 illustration||Milk storage awareness|
|1 illustration||Milk transportation|
|2 illustrations||healthy/strong child graphic illustrations and message on the milk benefit|
|1 illustration||Good cow management practices (feeding, hygiene, shelter)|
- Proven graphic designing experience in producing high quality, out of the box visual digital executions.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills specially in illustrations and infographics with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas. Seek further to improve clients demand.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (Adobe products, In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects with notable quality productions
- Professionalism regarding communication, time and delivery deadlines (Highly valued).
- Great personality, ability to work as a team, pro-active in taking initiatives.
How to Apply
Experience may be valued, but ability to showcase talent and create impressions is even more important.
Those interested may submit the following
- Maximum 2 pager CV of brief background on your education and work experience. (Specific set of skills (use of software’s) or achievements are preferred to be mentioned) – by email at: email@example.com
- A portfolio of pervious works with specific designs you want us to see matching our requirements as well as show your skills (diversity in showcasing various types including previous work on dairy will be preferable) – by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Total cost per graphic illustration as per the total number listed under deliverables.
- The FINANCIAL PROPOSAL SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN HARD COPY in sealed envelope signed by the applicant to the GAIN office.
NB: All consultancy payments are subjected to 2% withholding tax for registered consultancy firms and 30% withholding tax for freelance applicants.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 5 working days
For submission, the Applicants will be required to deliver their submission in person at the GAIN office:
GAIN-Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
Telephone: +251 116610088
Bole Sub City, Woreda 13
In front of Ethiopian Youth Sport Academy – Moya Foods Co. Building, 2nd Floor
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Here is the link of google map to our office: https://goo.gl/maps/rYbnEuea4U12