Reporting to: Catering & Lodging Division
Terms of employment: Contract for 6 months
Key Performance Areas
- Checks the quantity and quality of raw materials received against the request specification;
- Sorts out and arranges kitchen supplies received for the cooking job order of the day;
- Carries out cleaning, chopping and other preparatory activities on kitchen inputs before use in cooking;
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment;
- Fries, boils, roasts and steams meat, fish, vegetables and other food according to planned menus;
- Cooks pastries, local dish, hot and cold food in accordance with standard or special menus and recipes of the day in consultation with and under coaching by a senior cook;
- Takes care of cooked food, sorts, stores and keeps in a designated kitchenware item or place as appropriate until delivery for serving;
- Operates cooking and storing equipment of the kitchen;
- Regulates oven temperature and checks progress of cooking;
- Conforms to kitchen sanitation regulations and standards effectively and consistently;
- Participates in developing the daily menus and recipes;
- Performs and facilitates cleaning up and dishwashing;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the chief cook.
- First Degree/Diploma in food preparation and 2/4 years’ experience in food preparation / Bakery & Confectionary
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on December15, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.